hi dealing with deployment

Options
hi ! im a marine wife going through a deployment and its so hard and im sad all the time i would really love some support to help me through this! i dont have a support system from friends and i act like nothings wrong in front of my family because i dont want them to worry about me!

Replies

• RussetBrunnette
    RussetBrunnette Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ive been there, I know it really really sucks! Best thing to do is find something to occupy your time with, a job, working out, volunteering etc. Hope your hubby comes home soon and safe!
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    Ive been there, I know it really really sucks! Best thing to do is find something to occupy your time with, a job, working out, volunteering etc. Hope your hubby comes home soon and safe!

thanks! i work and workout but as soon as im alone thats all i think about how did you get through it?
  • RussetBrunnette
    RussetBrunnette Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It was really hard, I constantly had to be up and doing something out of the house to keep my mind off of it. Skype also was a lifesaver!
  • ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there marine wife,

I know how challenging it is to go through a deployment. I'm not good with giving advice, but something that helped me was to get a battle buddy. I had another milspouse who I was able to email (almost daily) about the struggles I was going through - struggles that my immediate family and friends just couldn't understand. My battle buddy's husband was also deployed, but not with my husband. This helped me a lot.

You can find someone here, or may I suggest going to your next FRG meeting to meet with the other wives / girlfriends. I know FRG meetings have a bad rap, but if support is what you need, maybe that is where you'll find it.

Best of luck to you.

- Erin