Calorie counting and WW

Options
SASSYGIRLY30
SASSYGIRLY30 Posts: 49 Member
Tried calorie counting and I'm back to WW... I should have never left, but I was trying to save a few bucks and chose to try it for a few months, we live and learn. It is definitely a different dynamic and I like the point system better.

At the end of the day it's what works for each individual :)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Replies

• AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot like you. I've gone back and forth for months telling myself I can make calories work but always going back to WW because I just like it more.

Now I'm sticking with WW (only online) and if it costs me $18 a month so be it.

I'm just happier with WW.
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the same...it's the only thing that I've ever been successful with!
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    Options
    I'm doing the online only as well...when I get closer to goal ill join meetings to make life time.

I lost 37 lbs first time around and got my diabetes under control that it didn't even show on glucose testing...
  • skinnybitchmode01
    Options
    Hi all, I was juts doing the exact same thing. I have joined ww online and find it so much easier than calorie counting but I do begrudge paying for the online cost. It was only £12.95 this month but goes up to £20 next month!
  • skinnybitchmode01
    Options
    ps what are your WW names ill add you. Mines donnaburnett1982
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    Options
    ps what are your WW names ill add you. Mines donnaburnett1982

mine is AJ1418

I tried doing the cal counting to save some money and for me that was a mistake... I hate that monthly fee but you know what i chalk it up as something I'm doing "for me" alone, I'm going to put myself first and it cost a little to get me back in order ill take that small price for now.. I'm hoping to join meetings once closer to goal and getting lifetime so i don't have to pay ever again :)
  • AleksD3
    Options
    My WW name is stalksthedawn
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried doing the cal counting to save some money and for me that was a mistake... I hate that monthly fee but you know what i chalk it up as something I'm doing "for me" alone, I'm going to put myself first and it cost a little to get me back in order ill take that small price for now.. I'm hoping to join meetings once closer to goal and getting lifetime so i don't have to pay ever again :)

I have to agree with this...I hate paying as well, but it seems to be worth it since I know it works! Also remember, Lifetime is only free if you are within 2 lbs. of goal at weigh-in - otherwise they make you pay. But my goal is to get back there and and stay there!!

WW name is stratcat45
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    yup, it's 2#s above or below your goal at the end of 6 weeks. than you become lifetime. than if you feel you could lose or want to you can go down.
    my doctor set my goal 20# more than they have for my highest. he said no way would he want me that low. that their high would be my absolute lowest. so, after i hit lifetime i can still lose and it not affect my lifetime. he said that is my play goal. after that we will see where, feel, look i am as i move down again after i hit lifetime. i have 6#s to go.
  • AleksD3
    Options
    Chipper15173, your weight loss is amazing! Did you do it all following WW?
  • kimiesue70
    Options
    Is there a way to post points to this app instead of counting the calories? It would be easier to work with one program.
  • CandyMouse
    CandyMouse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    U are right..it is all about what works for each person. I looked at WW online, but decided to do MFP. I can do points and calories, both here. I do love Weight Watchers, though..( The meetings). Best of luck to you.
  • CandyMouse
    CandyMouse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ahhh. Yes.. Love doing calories AND POINTS on here. Works great..and is easy to add the script. Thanks for the 'share'.
  • AleksD3
    Options
    Is there a way to do the script without Firefox? It won't work on my mac.
  • erinmieskowski
    erinmieskowski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to do the script without Firefox? It won't work on my mac.

It works with Chrome as well, but it won't work with Safari.
  • judiiiiindisguise
    judiiiiindisguise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i went to WW meeting today and was down 2 pounds. i was doing MFP religiously for 6 months and then am now taking care of two children suddenly, a 14 and 6 year old so geeze my life is different then when it was just me and keeping track of everything so good and eating all my stuff and only thinking of myself......but i think that WW works cause i have to go weigh in and it keeps me more honest than on MFP I give myself slack and say i will just do good the next day, well the next day has turned into the next month. So i am going to try my best at WW since i have already paid. I try to make it fun by doing it on Saturday then go do my grocery shopping and look through clothes i might fit at the local Fred Meyer/Kroger store. So thanks for sharing!
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I follow the UK 'propoints' system as well as logging my calories on MFP. I stopped going to class a while ago as my leader changed and I didn't find the new leader inspirational, lovely as she was. I took a bit of a break and lo and behold, gained the weight back. As none of the classes suited me timewise I downloaded an Android app called 'Value Diary' for around £2.00 and it's far better than the WW official android app which crashed all the time (loved the app for the iphone though). I also log my meals on here as I like to see the breakdown of what I'm eating.
  • Momof3hree
    Momof3hree Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yes I am realizing that I miss the points plus. I noticed counting calories is not working for me.
  • kristenfischer12
    Options
    done WW twice and loved it but really loved the CORE program.
    now i'm here trying to track. i think that will help me best. i eat pretty healthy foods and follow a lower-carb diet but i need to track. which i hate. would rather not have to pay for that!

would love to meet some friends. i'm 35 from the jersey shore.