Sleeping with UP

Options
So I was just wondering how accurate you think the sleep tracker is. I think it is pretty close but it does not track all the times that I wake up at night. I have also noticed that it does not always calculate the length of time it took for me to go to sleep. I am not complaining, I find this info useful. I was wondering how well it tracks for you.

Sean

Replies

• skinney1357
    skinney1357 Posts: 68
    Options
    Mine has been pretty good for me and my husband has one too. He has more deep sleep than II do. It always seems to be pretty close.
  • juliehuestis
    juliehuestis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just got my band two days ago. Seems fairly accurate, except I wish it didn't go back to awake mode with 250 steps. I have an infant and am awake 2-3times a night, and once back to bed I don't always remember that I have to tap it again... So some data is missing. Otherwise I love it!
  • JenWyrd
    JenWyrd Posts: 7
    Options
    I am finding it is definitely not accurate in how long it takes for me to fall asleep. I have only had it for two nights but each time it has thought I was having deep sleep when in fact I was still awake, hoping to fall asleep soon. It makes me doubt how accurate the rest of the night is...
  • Ginn24
    Ginn24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I previously had a Fitbit before changing over to the Up. For 2 weeks I wore both to see which was more accurate. Up on left wrist and Fitbit clipped onto bra during day and singlet during night. Both recorded same info, with minimal differences. I like having the breakdown of light/deep sleep along with other sleep info on Up, in comparison to Fitbit's time to sleep/wake time/times awake. Gin :)
  • sstan03
    sstan03 Posts: 102
    Options
    I like the idea but I think on me, it is off. I will use the time line to get a better picture of when I go to bed and get up. I can then use that information to help myself get better sleep.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think it does a pretty good job. Whenever I feel like I had a crappy night I look at my stats and yep, really low deep sleep. And I've started to noticed that my deep sleep tends to determine how I feel.

For example, one night I got 8.5 hours of sleep with about 2 hours of deep sleep. Another night I slept for maybe 5 hours with about the same deep sleep. I felt the same both mornings. Another couple of nights I slept about 8 hours and felt good in the morning and noticed I had about 3.5 - 4 hours of deep sleep.

For me at least, getting about 4 hours of deep sleep results in me feeling well rested, so that's the stat I'm working on.
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    Just got my band two days ago. Seems fairly accurate, except I wish it didn't go back to awake mode with 250 steps. I have an infant and am awake 2-3times a night, and once back to bed I don't always remember that I have to tap it again... So some data is missing. Otherwise I love it!

I totally agree with not liking it going back into awake mode once you've hit enough steps. I too have an infant that I wake up with multiples times a night and never remember to put in back in sleep mode. Other than that, I too also really like this feature and have no other complaints.
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've been using my UP for nearly a fortnight, most nights it says I fall asleep between 11 minutes and 18 minutes and deep sleep for about 2 hours and generally awake for about 40 minutes during the night. It's an interesting read in the mornings but not sure how accurate it is. I know it takes me much longer to fall asleep but maybe my breathing changes as I relax even though I am not sleeping so it reports that I am sleeping. I am also awake longer than it says. But I enjoying seeing what it says my sleeping pattern is.

First thing this morning my husband asked how well I slept, my reply was, give me a minute and I will download my bracelet and find out!! :laugh:
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options

I totally agree with not liking it going back into awake mode once you've hit enough steps. I too have an infant that I wake up with multiples times a night and never remember to put in back in sleep mode. Other than that, I too also really like this feature and have no other complaints.

I have an infant who is teething so I am having the same problem with it going back into active mode. Then in the morning my information is not correct. Other than that, I am very happy with my UP and using it with MFP. :)
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I find it really accurate, but only if I remember to put it on my dominant hand before going to bed, otherwise it seems to not know when I wake up for a few minutes, unless I get out of bed. You may want to contact Jawbone and see if they have any ideas. They've been very good about replacing defective bracelets.