BEER!

Options
MarshmallowLegs
MarshmallowLegs Posts: 51 Member
I like to have a drink every now and then, and I usually reach for a beer. What are your favorite gluten free brews?

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I like hard ciders made from apple or pear. I was never a beer drinker anyway.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Red Bridge is OK. Really I have beer so infrequently that any GF beer tastes ok to me
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    New Planet Ale is pretty good, a little sweet though.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend drinks Red Bridge....we also just found Woodchuck's Hard Apple Cider Summer edition (Blueberry) that is delicious!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I've been on a cider kick lately, but New Grist is good, as is Bard's Tale. I'd recommend both over Red Bridge.
  • HealthyIrishLass
    HealthyIrishLass Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like hard ciders, honey wines like Bnectar Zombie Killer, and Twseaonale (dogfish head) is the only GF beer I've tried so far. I liked it a lot, but I like sour fruity beers. I haven't tried any more normal beers yet. =)
  • katiplease
    katiplease Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of beer in the first place (went GF before my 21st, so not much chance ;)) so I mostly stick to cider - they've gotten really common now, so not that much more expensive than a good craft beer. Woodchuck and Angry Orchard are particularly gr8 choices, stocked in any Walmart with a liquor license, and Original Sin and Fox Barrel are a++ too if you can find them.

Red Bridge is oKAY, I suppose, but to me it's sort of like the GF version of PBR - only slightly better than p*ss, only to be drunk if you're too ironic or cynical or cheap to develop a taste for ciders. New Grist is better, but harder to find. estrella damm duara is the best, of course, but low ppm (they guarantee sub-6ppm, iirc) or not it is made from barley and I definitely wouldn't rec it if you're super-sensitive
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like Red Bridge too. I don't drink it often though. I usually either drink vodka or ciders.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of beer in the first place (went GF before my 21st, so not much chance ;)) so I mostly stick to cider - they've gotten really common now, so not that much more expensive than a good craft beer. Woodchuck and Angry Orchard are particularly gr8 choices, stocked in any Walmart with a liquor license, and Original Sin and Fox Barrel are a++ too if you can find them.

Red Bridge is oKAY, I suppose, but to me it's sort of like the GF version of PBR - only slightly better than p*ss, only to be drunk if you're too ironic or cynical or cheap to develop a taste for ciders. New Grist is better, but harder to find. estrella damm duara is the best, of course, but low ppm (they guarantee sub-6ppm, iirc) or not it is made from barley and I definitely wouldn't rec it if you're super-sensitive

That's kind of how I felt with Red Bridge. To me, it was, if I REALLY want a beer, it'll suffice, but not my first choice.

Also, I just found some Fox Barrel over the weekend (at Jungle Jim's, I did a mix n match of 6 different ciders :), so I'm glad to hear it's good! :) I never knew Stella Artois had a cider, but it was good.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I've never liked beer so I drink cider. The Angry Orchard Ginger is amazing. Woodchuck is good too. The Pumpkin flavor they have for fall is my favorite. I've not tried the blueberry yet but I'd like to.

I'll be in Cincinnati next months so I'll check out the cider selection at Jungle Jim's. I love that place! :)
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    O mission is an excellent gluten free beer.
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    Second Omission- the pale ale is the best GF I've had, in my opinion. And I've tried all the ones mentioned. Dogfish head makes an interesting one, if you like fruiter beers (I'm not a huge fan, but it was fun to try!)