bored with food

Options
truuvirgo
truuvirgo Posts: 5 Member
good morning all. I have been a pescatarian since 2006 and lately I have become extremely bored with food. any tips, recipes, ideas?

thanks in advance,
trina

Replies

• massed
    massed Posts: 6
    Options
    Maybe you can educate me on the vegetarian ways. Because of health issues, I have decided to consume more vegetables. My issue is the right combination for a meal. I have also stopped drinking coffee, drinking tea. I even stopped eating candy. one week so far for each.

Can you name a practical Cookbook or web site to use in my endevor of clean eating?
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think this is why god made Pinterest. I love pinterest for finding recipes! I have a board called Health Pinspiration, if you want to follow it find it here: http://pinterest.com/pinintended/health-pinspiration/ It has other stuff too, like workout ideas, but lots of recipes too.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a vegan who has been learning to love her veggies. They weren't always a first priority with me. I found many recipes on line and have purchased several books that I could recommend but the one that I'm enthralled with right now is a blog I found online. I am currently working my way through it and everything has been really, really good. Here is the link:

http://www.myrecessionkitchen.com/p/director-of-pest-management.html
  • sharris215
    sharris215 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm bored with food, I watch Chopped on the Food Network. I figure if they can come up with creative, delicious ways to combine seemingly dull and/or incompatible ingredients and actually make a tasty meal out of it, so can I. Plus they're making all their dishes in 30 minutes or less, so it's all quick stuff to make.

I also really love to travel, so sometimes I think about where in the world I wish I was and make something that's traditional there. And since you eat fish, you have tons of options!

Oh, and cooking things in little pouches is great, too. My personal favorite is a big handful of spinach on the bottom, tossed with a clove of garlic (thinly sliced), a diced roma tomato, a little salt, pepper and olive oil, topped with a filet of your favorite fish (salmon is mine but tuna or swordfish would be good here, too). Season the fish with a little salt, pepper, and olive oil. Fold up the pouch so it's all sealed in there and bake at 375 for around 15 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. It's good as is or you can skip the pouch, put it in a baking dish instead, cover & bake for 10 minutes, then take off the cover, top the fish with seasoned breadcrumbs and a drizzle of olive oil, and stick it back in there for another 5-10 minutes until the topping gets golden brown. Actually, now I think I know what I'm having for dinner!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    One of the things I have found since giving up meat and chicken over 20 years ago is the need to be very creative in the kitchen to prevent deficiencies in protein, vitamins, iron etc.

I eat a lot of lentils, spinach, brown and black rice. I do eat fish (mostly wild salmon) but I find that sometimes that is not enough. The other day I made a chickpea curry with diced potatoes and okra, it was amazing that I plan to make it again. Next time I will add some carrots, spinach and bok choy. I was able to eat it with 2 ounces of whole wheat pasta, or it would have gone perfectly with basmati rice.

Here is something quick and healthy to eat on toast: 4/5 aubergines, red onion, garlic, bell pepper (red or orange) season with Mrs. Dash, a little salt, some pepper flakes and olive oil. Bake in the oven at 350 until all vegetables are soft. Cool and empty into food processor and blend all ingredients together. This goes well with toasted bread or crackers (either as a snack or breakfast).

My diary is open so have a look at some of the things I eat.