5/27 Pre Challenge Day -5 / Weekly Challenge

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning everyone! How did day -6 go for you all? I'm happy to report it went well for me. My husband has been trying to get me to go jogging with him for, like, 6 years now so he loves the fact that I'm doing this challenge. This morning he suggested we go for a walk together. Halfway through the walk he suggested we jog and I was feeling so good that I agreed to give it a try. I made it about .25 miles before I thought I was going to DIE! We started walking again and after another mile I gave it another try. I made it about another .25 of a mile before I literally thought my legs were gonna give out, but you know what? I feel really good about myself now...even though I only jogged a half a mile in total. But hey...that's a half mile more than I was planning on doing so it's a victory for me.

I ended up walking 2.5 miles and jogging for .5 miles. I stayed under my calorie count and I feel really good about myself.

Tomorrow I plan on staying under my calorie count, 30 minutes of cardio and this week I propose a challenge to us all...I suggest a PUSH UP CHALLENGE. Starting today, drop and do as many push ups as you can...girly push ups count cuz that's all I can do. It doesn't matter how many you can do; just do some. And then tomorrow, do at least 1 more than you did today. Then the next day do at least 1 more than you did the day before...and so on and so forth, until Friday. Let's see how many more we can do on Friday than we did on Monday. This might not sound like much of a challenge to some of you but to me, the thought of doing 5 days of continuous push ups is quite a challenge for me. They say that building muscle eats fat. So I figure, anything is better than nothing. Let's see who can increase the most.

WHOEVER HAS THE HIGHEST INCREASED PERCENTAGE OF PUSH UPS COME FRIDAY GETS TO CHOOSE NEXT WEEK'S CHALLENGE.

What do you say?

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

♥ Diana

Replies

• Jenna_Bearden
    Jenna_Bearden Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WTG with the jogging, I never get the running and "breathing" thing. I usually feel like I am going to stop breathing bc for some reason I hold my breath when I run. lol! So good for you!! .5 is better than 0 =)
    Also, I love the push up idea, I am starting on my ab workout challenge tomorrow, too. 100 crunches with a 30 sec plank, here I come! However, our gym is closed tomorrow, boo!!
    Day 6 for me- I got both of my exercise in Total Body Sculpt and Bodies in Motion with Gilad and Christian Fitness Tv. Total is about an hour and half of workout, (I didn't count CFT today due to it being mostly strength training). I did get Hubby to download the MFP App, so the next step is getting him to log calories and movement.

Good Luck everyone on Day 7. I am more active on my "homepage" then in the boards, I need to get better at that.
    ~Jenna
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow, Jurney....congrats on the run!! I know I could well...never say never right....was gonna say never run, but hey who knows.
    But I know the feeling....it's great you challenged your self and did it!! .5 is better than .0 miles jogging :)

Personally, I don't know if I can do the pushup challenge....I am nursing a sore neck due to all the excercising and not warming up I've been doing....
    Gonna do my rockin body tomorrow....2 workouts!!, that in itself is a challenge...That Shaun T kicks my butt!!

I applaud you and look forward to more challenges....I always keep them in my mind throughout the day....thinking wow, wonder if I could do them.

Have a great tomorrow/well really it is tomorrow already.....
    Happy Memorial Day!!

Jenna....How are you liking the Christian fitness workout?, I think I would like that one....An hour and 1/2 though sounds like a lot to me, but hey, maybe I could do it....tomorrow's workout is 70 minutes with Shaun T....

Week 3 Day 1 for me excercising.....going from couch potato to 2 weeks in....I'm kinda proud of myself. Hope I can keep going..
    Well here's to you both and all of us getting healthier :):):)

-5 days to go!!
  • dllewis7
    dllewis7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not only did you JOG you did INTERVALS. They say that intervals are harder than a straight keeping the same intensity cardio throughout the workout. So double pat on the back to you!

I'll just be doing my normal cardio and abs rotation today because my one bathroom is still in process of being remodeled and due to that my house is still a mess. . .well, messier than I like. Between my fitness, a One Year birthday party for my youngest grandchild and taking her siblings shopping for her, I hope to get a few loads of laundry completed and a closet organized.

It is Memorial Day, though, and I hope we all spend a few quality moments remembering those who have gone before us, on whose great shoulders we are able to stand. Honor to them.

-Debra
  • sarahdmccallum
    sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pushup challenge accepted!
    I will post later today after I have tried it out :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Got a nice walk in this morning with my hubby and the dog, we walked to the ceremony for our fallen soldiers, was a beautiful memorial, and started my day thinking of what truly is important.

When hubby decided to take his nap it was time to get in my bike ride :)

Push up challenge accepted as I've been pushing myself on these for the last 3 weeks. Today did 7 real push ups, and 20 girlie ones

Jen
  • JurneyEve
    JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Woah! Jen. Way to go on the push ups.