5/28 Pre Challenge Day -4

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning everyone. Today I am so sore. My legs hurt every time I walk a flight of stairs. It must be from the hour I spent on my stationary bike which is strange because I ride my actual bike a lot more than that and my legs are never this sore. I also stayed under my calories yesterday. Today my plan is to rest a little. I'll stay under my calories and I'll do the "push up challenge" but that's probably about all I'll do today.

Speaking of the "push up challenge," I did a measly 7 girly push ups yesterday, so my goal for today is at least 8.

How many did you do yesterday?

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

♥ Diana

Replies

• 4MyHealthyFuture
    4MyHealthyFuture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! I was slammed with graduation parties, family get togethers and misc housework. I am troubled by the fact that I never really thought about getting on here until today. That does not make me feel too hot. Friday around lunchtime, we are leaving for vacation for a week. We are going to the Outer Banks in NC. I am excited but somewhat apprehensive about how that will go. I still feel very "out of control" with my calories. My goal for exercise is to take a long walk on the beach each morning as I listen to my audio books. So my big goal is to at least check in daily and also track my food. I really hope we have cell coverage in that area. I'm not sure yet! Anyways....

I also did sign up for another month's worth of exercise classes at my local YMCA. I signed up for spinning class and also something called body pump. Tomorrow is the first day and the class begins at 5:30am. I need to make sure I get back into my normal habit of being in bed and asleep by 10pm at the latest!
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning All! Hope everyone had a terrific weekend. The weather was beautiful here! Had one day of over my calories, but not as bad as the two days last week. Made a meatloaf yesterday and actually calculated how many calories in the entire loaf, then divided it up into equal parts of eight. I am absolutely only going to eat ONE serving for dinner!! Must be strong, as meatloaf is one of my favorites!! Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I will accept (belatedly) the push-up challenge. I've been getting back into my yoga practice the last couple months, and can really tell a difference in my upper body strength, so this'll be interesting.

This weekend was not good for me (or the team). I did really well on Friday, and then kind of lost control the rest of the weekend. However, the progress that was undone can be regained with a little extra effort, so I'm back on track today.
  • Rav3nfan
    Rav3nfan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I finally reached the 10lb mark today:-) It is great motivation to hit the treadmill when I get home.

Everyone stay strong and determined -- we can do this!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and getting back on track after the holiday. Today has been a great day got 25 miles in on the bike and if I could have ignored the dryer buzzing I should have stayed and done some more. Push ups for today 8 real ones, and 22 girlie ones.

Because I have seriously increased my activity level I'm trying to up my calories a bit, and never would have thought it would be a challenge to eat more then 1200 calories, but adjusting myself to eat 1450 calories so I can keep fueling my workouts and continue losing healthy.
  • msigman1
    msigman1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just did the Jillian Michael's level one thirty day shred. (found on youtube) It was Tough for me, but doable. I did lots of crunches and very sad push ups. I did 20 knee style push ups. I will keep working on them. I will get stronger and better.

I cleaned the house this morning (vac'ed, mop, laundry, ect) I am planning on hitting play it again sports today. My son needs some baseball pants and it will give me a reason to scope out some treadmills. I really want one. I am making a goal to earn the right to buy one. I must workout everyday, walk everyday for two weeks and I will buy it. I am the type of person that needs to challenge myself to prove that I am completely committed.

Plans for later: bike ride with the family and a walk around the neighborhood after dinner.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I just did the Jillian Michael's level one thirty day shred. (found on youtube) It was Tough for me, but doable. I did lots of crunches and very sad push ups. I did 20 knee style push ups. I will keep working on them. I will get stronger and better.

I love 30 Day Shred, I'm on level 2. You will get stronger on level 1 it took me until about Day 6 or so before I felt like I could keep up.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Been MIA i know but had family health reason come up so that was 1st on my mind.

Weekend was crazy. I have been able to get some exercise in each day at least. Yesterday was a major burn day for calories. I can't do push up but do wall presses. I am up to 125 all at one time. So trying to keep that up.

I am a bit behind on what is going on here sorry will have a look around and try to get caught up.
  • dfinnula
    dfinnula Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Still on track - have not counted for a couple of days but know that haven't blown it - exercise is a challenge as had snow & husband away so can't go to an evening exercise class try and do squats while cooking etc - lots of sunshine today so took the dog for a walk in snow :)

Have a long weekend this weekend (do not live in US) - weekend planning worked well last weekend so will try again and get back to counting today.
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well, I did absolutely horrible today!!
    Didn't workout and ate bad.
    I think I will do a rockin body workout tomorrow as those
    are really tough and I need to get back to pushing myself.

I have done the 30 day shred on youtube also...so glad they have the whole video on there. It was difficult for me.
    good luck on that.

Hope to get back on track tomorrow... 3 days to go

Oh and Devle I borrowed you dolphin ticker, hope you don't mind...I really like it!!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - not as strong as I'd hoped: 6 real push-ups and 6 girls push-ups. FAHHHHHbulous form, though! :happy: Oh well, nowhere to go but up.
  • Jenna_Bearden
    Jenna_Bearden Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dang, totally forgot the "push up challenge", however I am still doing my ab challenge, along with working out.
    100 Crunches yesterday, 100 bicycles today, along with Christian Fitness Tv, Total Body Sculpt, and Bodies in Motion with Gilad. Tomorrow I have Zumba on top of my regular workouts.
    I weigh in tomorrow.. I hope the scales move this time.
    Good Luck to everyone! And I hope you all are having a wonderful day/night, may tomorrow be a bigger better day.
    ~Jenna