Introductions!

Options
2»

Replies

• cosmicpuma
    cosmicpuma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 60 lbs altogether and am wanting to lose 50 of it by my birthday next year (January). This group sounds like a bunch of people who are looking to lose similar amounts of weight so I'm hoping to stay motivated with you all.

I put on the weight thanks to leftover baby weight and depression. Right now I have some health issues causing me to not be able to do much in the way of exercise so I'm starting by changing my eating habits. My snacks have got to change and I need to stop eating when I'm upset.
  • Jeaniece1
    Jeaniece1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Rita. This sounds like a fantastic group and a perfect way to meet my goals. I think this would also help motivate me to finally get rid of those extra pounds I am carrying around. I've been on MFP for a while and just recently added fitbit to my program to help encourage me to increase my level of fitness each day. I too have done a lot of starting and stopping and want to see that come to an end. Would love to be at my goal weight by October. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jzychowicz
    jzychowicz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great goal, and very doable. Hoping this will hope motivate me and get me back on track. Very excited!! Feel free to add me as a friend. More the merrier. 40 more just happens to be my goal anyway, so this is perfect :smile:
  • rhonda58a
    rhonda58a Posts: 4
    Options
    I just joined and I have a lot to lose, so I need goals and this one 40lbs by Halloween, sounds like a great way to start. I would like to lose 100 pounds but my overall motivation is a heathier life.
    Feel fee to add me as a friend, as I am also looking for support and for friends that I can support as well. :flowerforyou:
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate

Stats:
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 240 lbs
    CW: 226 lbs
    GW: 150 lbs

Halloween is my favorite holiday! I hate having to buy ugly plus size costumes and this year I want to wear something really cute. SO I am definitely in for this challenge.
  • skjsd
    skjsd Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi, I'm Angie and I'm hoping to lose about 20-25 lbs by halloween. I'm 5'3" and 150lbs. I'm hoping to get to around 125-130.
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Annette. I'm 5'9

CW: 183.4
    GW: 145

I love love love Halloween and I'm excited to join this challenge.

I'm making sure to get some kind of exercise in every day, no matter how I feel!
  • missmissica
    missmissica Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just joined - what a great goal!!

I'm 29
    5'4
    current weight 170
    goal weight 130

I actually eat pretty healthy so im hoping being more active will help!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Just realized that I hadn't posted here yet. My current weight is 211. So it would be GREAT to lose 40 by Halloween. I'm going to try at least. As for exercise -- I've been going twice a week to dance cardio and I've just started the Slim in 6 program. In a week or so I'll start the c25k. When I complete the Slim in 6 I may move on and try the P90X stuff. My mom got that for my about 2 years ago for Christmas and I have yet to do it.
  • jan3974
    jan3974 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :bigsmile:

I'm 39
    wt 175(was 174 yesterday jeeze)
    goal 40lbs would be amazing by halloween

I LOVE halloween/fall/autumn it's my fave time of year, the smell of the air, the leaves....I wish fall was longer where I live, it's a short season here. I'm walking and making better food choices, I'm doing the warm lemon water, it's not very good so I just gulp it back :drinker: