Scale Fluctuations....

Options
Sherriediva1
Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
I think we all have a love / hate relationship with our scale!!
I love it when the numbers go down, but not so much when the numbers go up!!!!
I have a friendly wager with a coworker (guy) that I can loose 30 lbs by Sep 1st and he can lose 50 lbs by Sep 1st. So las Wed. I got on the scale ( that's our weigh in day) and it said 199.0 I loved it! And this after a weekend when I had pizza one night and wings the next! I told myself I'd do better this weekend, and I did! And the stupid scale went UP!! :sad: ARRRGGG!! At least I feel (my clothes and such) smaller, ****Insanity, Dig Deeper*****
Maybe by Wed. my good behavior this weekend will show up on the scale! sigh
Plus, this is my last week of month 1 for Insanity and then I'll do my measurements and take half-way pics - hopefully there will be visible motivation!!
-Not giving up
Sherrie:smile:

Replies

• jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! The scale went down the first couple of days of Insanity and then went right back up. I also got my period so I am hoping that is the problem. Though I feel like it would be a never ending circle and I will never get anywhere. If I gain 4 pounds every month then by the time I lose it again it will be that time again. I am beyond frusterated. :mad:

It is super hard to stay motivated...but here I go again this week. One more week before my 2nd fit test.
  • karimyatt
    karimyatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is what I deal with weekly. The up & down of the scale can be very discouraging, frustrating even. Just keep up the good work & in the long run it will pay off.

My problem is getting the motivation to get off my butt and workout. After a hard day at work & then going home to walk in the door to my husband sitting on his behind & me having to rush to make dinner is very frustrating. I end up getting angry which kills my mood, them never get around to my workout because it is 6:30/7:00 before I even get a moment to sit down and relax before I have to get my little one ready for be. Sometime I wish there was 2 of my, one to take care of work and my family & one to focus on ME!

Just know that you are doing the right thing & stay focused. You are on the right track & will win that bet. You have a ton of support here & you know you can do it!!!
    Kari :)
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am sort if over the scale. Since starting in mid February, I have lost like 5 pounds but am down a size in clothes. I continue to weigh once per week, and am trying to not gauge my success by this but it is difficult!

I do feel like maybe this is the lifestyle change I needed and so if this truly is the last time I do this, it can take some time....
  • udamom
    udamom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The scale is such an evil creature!! I try to only weigh every 10-14 days...and only if I know I've been really good with my food and exercise for at least 4 days in a row. I get so discouraged if I have gained. I'm kinda overdue to weigh again right now but had a bad girl weekend with food and alcohol so think I will wait a few more days!
  • Lovely_Steph
    Options
    I found myself literally cussing at the scale a couple of days ago. Fun times!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So...I haven't taken half-way pics yet. I wanted to wear the same outfit and it is apparently lost in the dirty laundry!! (haha) :laugh: I did however do my measurments.

First, scale
    - started Insanity at 203.4, down to 199.0 and then back up to 201.2 :sad: (!@#J$#JII!!!!Curse Words Here@*$*)@*%&^!)

I'm not gonna post all my measurements but when I put them in MPF and compared to 3 weeks prior....I have lost a little over 6 inches between my bra-line and hips/butt area!!! Love this!!
  • tonrob38
    tonrob38 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't done very well, I have been at this half hearted, I will try harder, I am not seeing many posts here from the other group memebers! come on I need your help to get on the ball.
  • karimyatt
    karimyatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sherrie - GREAT JOB!!! Maybe I should be watching my measurements & not the scale too1 Iahve been doing the 30 day squat challenge & I am on day 16. My butt is looking better but no weight loss. I am also walkingnow ta the weather is better.

TONROB - We are still here. I am with you. Can't seem to get my heart into it. The area carnaval was this week so the funnel cakes didn't help! Have parties almost every weekend, 1 if not 2, thru the month of June. I need to get this unhealthy love of food in check now. Went to 2 parties last weekend. did pretty good but need to do better. What is everyone getting into this weekend??? I ahve a 40th b-day prty today, more food & drinking! UGH, God help me be strong!