Juice Detox/Cleanse Starting May 28th

Options
KKdesign82
KKdesign82 Posts: 10 Member
I am starting my first Juice Detox tomorrow.
Very excited! I am shooting for a 20 day cleanse. We leave for vacation on June 22nd so that would give me 20 days to detox and then a week to introduce foods back in before we leave.
If it works well and I am doing great I will be continuing once we return with a healthy raw diet along with juicing.

I have my menu planned for the next few days, went to the grocery store and also bought some Phyllox to combat any constipation. I have my BPA free 32 oz containers and also some 32 oz mason jars. I probably bought too much produce - I bought enough for (I think) 5 days but I wish I would have only picked up enough for 3-4.. my fridge is PACKED full.

I think my hardest thing will be still cooking for my kids while the hubby is at work. But I'm commited to this! I've been wanting to do it for about 3 weeks now. There isn't a better time than now, right?

Anyone have any last minute tips or advice?

Replies

• jamierussell929
    jamierussell929 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am finishing my 60 fast today and I cooked for my family and also catered bbq's while on my fast. Make sure to juice prior to making any meals and keep it handy so when you are tempted you can take a drink of juice instead. The other thing I found helpful was to keep a kitchen towel on my shoulder at all times. I do this so that I don't lick my fingers or lick a tasting spoon. Other than that, just stick with it and you'll be rewarded in the most amazing weighs!! I am down just under 55 pounds in 60 days :-)
  • KKdesign82
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I had to make brownies tonight for my husband to take to work... it was SO hard not to taste but I know it's worth more in the long run than that 5 second gratification.
    I would love to hear some of your favorite recipes!

Katie
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jamie on your completion and on the 55 lbs!! Thats fantastic!! Day 38 for me today!! and so far 39.4 lbs...im looking forward to day 60 lol, but this is do-able! I know what you mean about cooking for others and licking fingers lol...its something thats so automatic you dont even really think about it..i can proudly say that i have not put any food in my mouth or licked my fingers since i started this journey! The hardest thing for me I think has been the social aspects..you dont realize how much of our social life is revolved around food...meeting the girls for lunch...family get togethers...meeting the girls for a drink..etc etc..i have said "no thanks" so many times lately that i do feel so anti social lol...but friends and family do understand though..this friday i am however meeting the girls for a drink after work...i plan on having a "virgin" ceasar with no celery or pickles :) Im sure the girls will be indulging in good ol pizza and wings, but i won't be..I just tell myself that those kinds of food will be available after 60 days and then i will have to make that choice whether i REALLY want it or not..chances are it will be the NOT!! I plan on following the Clean eating when this is all said and done!
    KKdesign..I'm not sure if I told you this before or not..but one of my Favorite juices are the "sunrise"...
    1 beet -peeled
    4 carrots-peel them if they are not organic
    2 oranges-peeled

This is very tasty and full of good vitamins....beets are a great oxidizer for the blood, and carrots are full of good stuff too, and tend to make your skin glow...hope you enjoy!!:drinker:
  • KKdesign82
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!

I am very excited that we are all doing this together! Just different stages but all going thru the same process and in it for the long haul.

Feel free to add me so we can support each other!

Katie