Recommendations on Home Work Out Tape

Options
Hey Ladies,

I am looking for a home workout video I can do before I go to work in the morning or get home in the class in the evening. I would love something upbeat and fun. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Lydia

Replies

• PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it but a lot of people seem to enjoy Zumba DVDs. I tend to lean more towards Chalene Extreme, P90X, Debbie Siebers, Jillian Michaels, and Leslie Sansone. Hope this helps.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I love love love Turbo Fire, I've also done Jillian Michaels, though not crazy about her new workout dvd, Hard Body. Also check out You Tube. The BeFit and Fitness Blender channels have tons of different workouts so you never get bored. I've collected quite a few strength training workouts from Fitness Blender.
  • ready4anewme13
    ready4anewme13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Turbo Fire and love it. I also love Turbo Jam and the Walk Away the Pounds dvds.
  • tanya0324
    tanya0324 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    3rd for Turbo Fire. I completed the 30 day Shred prior to starting Turbo Fire. Jillian Michaels is a more in-your-face trainer where as Chalene is happy, positive energy.
  • karmonsears
    Options
    I love live Zumba more than the DVDs which I bought last year. Currently, I am doingLes Mills Combat. Day 41 today of 60! I love it and on off days I also like Turbo Fire. I have had Turbo Jam (in 2009 when I lost the bulk of my weight) and love Chalean. Rockin Body is another favorite of mine too. It really works and I've been consistently working out 5/7 days a week. Being in a challenge group also helps keep me motivated. In fact, It's so helpful that I'm starting a group soon.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Zumba, turbo jams, and I am actually really liking this Burlesque dvd by jazzercise I think it is. I bought it bored on a trip and it was the only one in the shoppette so I bought and its fun.. :-) I haven't tried Jillian but I hear a lot of people do and love it.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Zumba! I love love love it! Turbo Jam is good too it make you feel powerful and the music is good!
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Insanity, P90X, Jillian Milchael's "No more trouble zones", Hip Hop Abs
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 pounds just doing Jillian Michaels' videos...they are all about 30-40 minutes each day and they work!--so long as you keep your diet in check. I work out in the morning before work.
    Great luck with your goals!
  • ccjohnso
    ccjohnso Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My ABSOLUTE favorite is Turbo Jam thus far! It's fun and energetic and Chalene is a great motivator! I will be starting Turbo Fire in about 3 more weeks and based on the reviews, I am sure that I will love it!!!
  • Dcharnice
    Dcharnice Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Rockin Body & Hip Hop Abs. Keeping up with Shaun T's energy is a workout in itself. I just started Body Gospel & always gotta have my Leslie Sansone. Like to keep the body guessing. Happy Fitness!!
  • erinmieskowski
    erinmieskowski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Hip Hop Abs (levels 1 and 2) and Rockin' Body and I love them both. Last time I checked, Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body were on sale for $20 each. I am also a believer in free, so I have YouTube on deck quite a bit. I also recently purchased Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown.
  • helaine79
    helaine79 Posts: 2
    Options
    I recently started getting myself in shape, and I do believe I lost my first 5bls because of the Women's Health Perfect Body Workout with Amy Dixon. It's fun, not to complicated, and makes you sweat! I found mine at half price books, but I know they have it on amazon also.
    http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Health-Perfect-Workout-Dixon/dp/0766233995
  • Emjay70
    Emjay70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like the Zumba DVDs and Leslie Sansone.. Good luck,
  • beautifulasib
    Options
    tae bo
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love doing Tae Bo and Leslie Sansone videos
  • piratesfan1
    piratesfan1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to recommend Leslie Sansome walk away the pounds videos are great. They are walking tapes, but you will be tired when they are done.
  • Ramona818
    Ramona818 Posts: 11
    Options
    Ditto: Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire

These DVDs are so much fun, you will look forward to doing them! If you have a Nintendo Wii, Just Dance videos are fun too. :smile:
  • Tamirah82
    Tamirah82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Walk The Pounds Off with Leslie , Tae Bo, Dancing in The spririt, and The new Phaedra Phine Body DVD. Phine Body left my legs so sore from all those squats.
  • iahfit
    iahfit Posts: 2
    Options
    I did Hip Hop Abs in June (loved it!). Now doing Turbo Jam which is also good. If you're short on time Shaun T's newest is T-25 and is only 25 min. or how about Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer(haven't tried it yet but heard good things about it). Good luck!