Newbie from Edinburgh - hello :)

Options
NostalgicGraeme
NostalgicGraeme Posts: 38 Member
I'd be interested in supporting others from Scotland and vice versa on here. I think this community group idea is a really good support mechanism as I don't have any of that in real life. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• cydneycnoo
    cydneycnoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there Edinburgh, I'm Edinburgh too!! I'll take the support i can get :)
  • NuttyNat24
    NuttyNat24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Edinburgh about 10 years ago. I now live in Ayrshire. Feel free to add me ppl for support and encouragement!!
  • ndmckeown
    ndmckeown Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm currently living in Polmont, but I work in Edinburgh and was living there til a couple of years ago. Feel free to add me!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm not from there, I just live there.

About me: I'd like to take all of the nonsense out of the fitness industry.
  • Hattie2513
    Hattie2513 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Oh wonderful... Great to meet you all :) I am not from Edinburgh, but I have lived year for 6 years now. I was a student at Napier and I am based near the Pentlands! Anyone signed up for the British Military Fitness at all? Look it up http://www.britmilfit.com/ I am doing it with a friend on the 18th in the Meadows.

Feel free to add me, I always love supporting others vice versa when I have time. It seems quite a lot of dedication when you have logged all your exercise and food on top of a busy day.. It was my recovery week last week so getting back into exercise has been a bit tough. Bought new trainers, they are wonderful... From Footworks, but got to get used to them.

Anyone doing Mens Survival of the Fittest in October? Or Spartan? Anyone done Spartan? I've not signed up but plan to, I'm just a bit nervous as I read the word 'fire'. Mens Survival of the Fittest's obstacles are easily doable. Spartan is a shorter distance but with a lot more obstacles. I've always wanted to do MSF, and facing it now so that 'I put more effort in getting fit!' I say I'm going to get fit/want to get fit every year... I am still awful with cardio!
  • NostalgicGraeme
    NostalgicGraeme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a considerable amount of weight before I dont embarrass myself at BMF etc. However, all of these things are right up my street and maybe next year I'll see you out there! I did the rat race in Edinburgh a few years ago and recommend that if you haven't tried it.
  • billyboybalbo
    Options
    im from edinburgh lad,what gym you at?

any edinburgh gals-feel free to give me an add
  • Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in Edinburgh too :)
    Did the Tough Mudder and the Spartan Sprint this summer.
    LOVED them both!

Trying to lost weight and get into more strength training.
    Lx