Hello to all

Options
greeniedgirl
greeniedgirl Posts: 10 Member
Good Morning,

I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's, my levels were almost 3000. I was tested for celiac, that came back negative, but in my research it was suggested to stay away from excess salt, sugar, and gluten. I have not found where to stay away from dairy yet, but would be willing to give it a shot. Has anyone had results from this type of diet? Is there any way to modify your food diary to reflect this change in diet in order to track properly?

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

:) Angela

Replies

• smvarnam08
    smvarnam08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The proteins in milk are very similar-looking to gluten (at least your body sees it that way) so it definitely seems if you are gluten intolerant that you may be dairy intolerant too. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in december 2011 and have been trying to adjust to this diet. I can't say I've had weight loss results from it, but I feel SO much better when I avoid those foods (other than yogurt--- yogurt doesn't bother me like other dairy items). As fr as modifying your food diary, I am not sure... I just track everything I eat same as anyone else. However, my husband and I have started to try to eat somewhat paleo because that eliminates dairy and grains, and sometimes it will tell me I haven't eaten enough calories (my goal is around 1460 per day with MFP) but I've eaten a TON of food, it's just all whole foods. I haven't figured out yet if I should make sure to eat more to reach my calories or just leave it if I am full.