Breaking my silence and making some gains...

Options
Hello!!!

My name is Kiy and I have been a member of the group for a while now, but shortly after I started doing SL I went into ‘Slowvember’ which is where I took a break from all social media and slowed down a bit from the hustle and bustle of life (as much as I could at least!)… It’s been 30 days now and I’m back and all I wanted to do was say hello to you all because I have been having such a great May with SL!!!

I have been reading the threads and added a few of you as friends, but I have not commented or introduced myself… So here goes!
I started lifting free weights in January (after losing 40lbs), but felt I needed a 'program' and read a ton about SL so I started on April 2nd. I am 16 sessions in as of today (I travel for work so April was busy and my sessions weren't consistent, but I didn't travel in May so I had a good month of progress). I must admit I'm pretty excited at the gains I have been making… So far here’s my progress:

Squat: Start: 45lb; Now: 120lb
Bench: Start: 45lb; Now: 60lb
Row: Start: 65lb; Now: 80lb (deloaded at 90lbs- form started suffering)
OHP: Start: 45lb; Now: 60lb (tough one… stalled-changed to 2.5 vs 5 increments)
DL: Start: 95lb; Now: 140lb

*I use the SL app to track my progress

I do some assistance work (nothing serious like what I read from Vegasbaby and others, but I’m working on it!) and have made gains in those areas as well. I haven’t seen any major changes in the way of inches or weight, but I’m not looking to at this point either, but the strength gains are so motivating I know the rest will follow...

Like many others I was a cardio, calorie burning QUEEN… Now the only cardio I can even stomach is Body Combat because I love it so much, but I realized my Combat instructors didn't get their guns and quads because they simply teach Combat… Those ladies lift weights when they’re not kicking and punching! And I’m happy to say I do too!!! Pow!

I plan to be an active member of the group so you will hear from me moving forth!!! I’m far from an expert, but love to learn and share as well!

Please feel free to add me as a pal and let’s rock this thing!!!

Thanks for reading!!! :happy:

Replies

• amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Glad you spoke up! That was a fun read. Pow! :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome and congrats on those gains, nicely done so far!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Those are some impressive gains, congrats! ????
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great job - welcome to the group!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I agree with the others that you've had some great gains so far!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate your comments!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I agree with the others that you've had some great gains so far!

Yep - And you are doing the right thing, backing off when form gets iffy - can't wait to see how strong you get!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Thanks my pal... Following this group and reading the posts really helped when I began to struggle...
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Those are some great numbers! I can't wait to follow your progress :smile:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Ka-Pow! awesome stuff, and hi! :)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I started the exact same day as you. My lifting twin! But you have made far more progress than me. Be proud! And welcome. :smile:
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Thanks for posting. Awesome inspiration!