My Anti-Cancer Diet

Options
AuntieMC
AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
Because I have lost 175 pounds since August of 2011, people often ask me how I did it. I thought the answer might interest my fellow group members here! I made some radical lifestyle changes after being diagnosed with cancer in July 2011. Those changes are what resulted in the massive weight loss. Here is a link to my blog about it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AuntieMC

Replies

• CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have been eating this way to control my diabetes for several years. After going to the Dr. for what I thought was diabetic foot ulcers, I was diagnosed with two invasive malignant melanoma tumors on the bottom of my foot. I first noticed dark spots on my foot about two years prior, about the time I changed my diet. They cut out the tumors and biopsied two lymph nodes in my groin which were clear. The hole that was left in my foot was about 4 X 5 X ½ inch which healed over in a little over three months. I read that cancer cells feed off of sugar, so, with little effort, I could cut my carbs from 50-100 to 25 grams per day. I am convinced that my clean eating prevented it from spreading, and the very low carbs helped me heal so fast.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump to the top