Hello

Options
First of all if you recieved an invite from me it was because I seen a post by yourself in regards to Qsymia. Now I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Sue. I am 30 years old. I would love to loss around 75 pounds. I am a mother of 2, work full time, attend nursing school full time, and am just starting back to a healthy life style. I started going to the gym 3 days a week doing moxed cardio and weight lifting. The dieting is the hard part. My appetite is pretty overwhelming. I can eat a complete healthy meal and still fill hungry like I truely need to eat something. Of course snacking and eating the wrong things also takes a part of it as well. I eat at terrible times. I previously have tried phentermine years ago and lost 25 pounds over 2 months or more. Due to losing insurance I could no longer afford to take the prescription and my weight returned. So now with everything mentioned above this has lead me to talking with my current physician and starting Qsymia. I hope to share my experiences of taking the medication with others who are in the same situation and see where this all will lead us. I wish you all success and days of less hunger ahead:smile:

Replies

• kerohare
    Options
    Hey.... so when did you start Qsymia? It definitely makes me feel full.. HOWEVER ... i dont see the scale moving. I am 44.. and have been experiencing virtually no loss in over a year with everything i have tried. You would think I could lose a lousy 12 pounds year..its a damn pound a month with basically doing nothing.. so with exercising, watching calories and now Qsymia....??? I am curious to have someone to talk to.
    I want to lose 30 but 35 would be great... It might as well be 100.
  • sueann9415
    sueann9415 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well my order just came late today so tomorrow is going to be my first day. I was a little worried that I won't be off to a good start. I have had an upper respiratory infection for the last 6 weeks that's is finally just starting to clear up. Just not feeling back go normal yet though. I do remember feeling like I had more energy years ago when I was just on the phentermine so I'm hoping this low dose of it will be the same. 35 pounds is a pretty good goal. With a little bit of work and the qsymia hopefully it doesn't take you long to get there.
  • melimann
    melimann Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Thanks for the invite to the group! I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and recently decided to talk to my doctor because I was not having any success losing the weight on my own. I started on Qysmia on October 1st. I quickly lost weight but have hit a plateau. My total weight loss is 26.2 pounds. I have one more month of my prescription so I am hoping to make it past this plateau and finish with a Bang :) I would like to make it an even 30 pounds lost while on this drug but my long term goal is to get to my goal weight of 165 by the end of June when my entire extended family is vacationing in Myrtle Beach at a vacation home for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. To get to my goal weight, I need to lose 18.8 pounds before June. I am confident I can do it because I have not been exercising lately because I have been ill. I also have not been eating on a consistent basis and skipping meals because I have not been hungry.
  • 66skye
    66skye Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello,

I just started Qsymia today. I have 103lbs to loose and have tried dieting alone for over a year with -0- puonds lost. Since I have hypothyroid issues that make loosing weight even harder my Dr. felt this would help. I am so overweight at this point taking a short walk is painful for my back, knees and ankles. I am hoping to loose enough weight that I can start exercising again.

Is anyone experiencing any side effects? It is one thing that really held me up in starting this drug but I finally have reached the "desperation" point.
  • melimann
    melimann Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome 66skye!! I have not experienced any major side effects. The first several weeks when I started taking the drug I experienced tingling in my wrists/hands/fingers like you do with carpal tunnel syndrome. My doctor assured me that this was normal and caused by the drug, I still feel it but not as frequently. Another side effect I experienced early on was problem recalling the name of specific items during conversations. For example, talking to someone about my bedside table and could not remember that it was called a nightstand or similar things like that. My doctor said this was also a common side effect of the medicine, that side effect has decreased too. I also experience dry mouth but I find that beneficial because it promotes me drinking more water. Hope that helps, I know everyone handles medications differently but sometimes those pamphlets on drugs can be very scary.
  • ayodeleshaihi
    ayodeleshaihi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I found this group through a search. I have been doing well on My Fitness Pal since I joined, but wanted a little extra boost so I decided to try Qsymia. I get my order on Wednesday and I will let you all know how it goes. I am a little worried about the side effects-like forgetfulness but hope the benefits outweigh them. Good luck to you all!
  • slimdownsteph
    slimdownsteph Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have [finally] just put my subscription in, so I'll hopefully have it within the next few days? I was wondering if you all could update me on how it's been for you on Qsymia. Thanks!
  • kacarr61
    kacarr61 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've been on it six weeks and have lost 23 pounds. I love that I'm not hungry and thinking about food! I also had the memory problems, tingling of the hands and dry mouth that decreased after a few weeks. And the dry mouth isn't bad - has me drinking water all day so I easily get in 80+ ounces. I was feeling dizzy after week four but after blood work the doctor found that my potassium was way too low. After a few days on a mega dose of potassium, the dizziness is completely gone. I am so thankful I gave this a try!
  • kerohare
    kerohare Posts: 6
    Options
    what dose are you on?
  • kacarr61
    Options
    7.5 mg/46 mg daily
  • kacarr61
    Options
    I was also a "bottle of wine every evening" drinker and I was worried that I would have a "problem" giving up the wine but my craving for the wine went away too and I haven't had a drop since I've started on the medication. And as a 52 year old woman battling hot flashes since I refuse to use hormones, I was surprised to find I have not had a hot flash since I've taken my first dose. Two added benefits!!
  • kerohare
    Options
    WOW you lost that on the 7.5 they just upped me to the 15.5 which i am nervous about. I need to lose 40 pounds...It definitely curbs my appetite at the lower amount but the weight is not coming up. i did not have any of the side effects so I am worried that this dose will be scary.. will see..
  • kerohare
    Options
    Is anyone on the max dose? My insurance does not cover any of it!! this will be my 4th month but I have not taken consecutively because I have had to pay out of pocket. I am hoping the higher dose works better and hoping to get at least two months consecutive.. well three if I count that I am still on the 7.5 right now. I think with the higher dose I will be forcing myself to eat and maybe i should just skip dinner.. I am not really hungry then anyway and dont need it.
  • slimdownsteph
    slimdownsteph Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For now, I've decided to try and lose the weight without taking Qsymia, but I wish you all good luck and will still be reading up on this message board! :)