New to the group also

Options
Hi I'am donnalewis39 I'am new to the group and looking for friends to talk to and help me push my self to meet my goal. I had the VSG on April 25 2013 and is down 30 lbs so far. My body is starting to retain water really bad. I keep drinking more water. Is there anybody out there can tell me is there anything else I can do to get this fluid off? I'am looking forward to meeting new people

Replies

• operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 30 lb weight loss. that is great. I had the opposite problem with water retention so I do not have any advice on that subject other than monitor your blood pressure and salt intake. If you are having soups, gravies or bullion(?) they have alot. Prior to surgery my legs would swell to the point that they felt like they were going to pop open. Since having the VSG, I haven't had anymore.
    Keep up the good work and remember o loggin. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mscott63
    mscott63 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all....My name is May. I had gastric bypass on 4/25/13 and looking for support too. I'm down 33 lbs. and haven't had to much difficulty, but I do not like exercise. How do I push myself into that? Im looking forward to having virtual friends to chat it up with.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,707 Member
    Options
    Hi May.

I was sleeved on 06/10/13 and am not into exercise either. I count walking and climbing stairs, since they were listed as exercise in the program guidelines along with shopping, vacuuming, etc. I figure if it makes me sweat, it's cardio.

I had been unable to walk well without cortizone shots. Now I can lift my legs into the car (without using my hands), step up onto a curb, walk a block without being in pain, etc.. And it's exciting. I hope that the easier it gets, the more I'll desire it.

One of my tricks is just to shuffle around the living room while watching TV. I also do arm and leg lifts while sitting in my recliner. It just seems like an easy thing to do since my limbs aren't busy doing anything else.

How are you doing?
    Paula
  • jojolote
    jojolote Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone:

My name is Joel. I had surgery done in Jan 3, 2013. It was a life changer. I can't remember ever feeling this good. I had High Blood Pressure (since finance), recent sleep perinea (used a machine), and lot's of pounds (336 on 6'). I've always been active but got to a point of no return when I passed the 300lbs barrier.

So far, about 6 months past my surgery, I'm at 202lbs and feel great. I know for some is hard but It can't be harder than before. We all have our fears, after all we've failed at this most of our lives. But this is a great opportunity for "never again". I think we need to approach it under that banner: "Never Again".

My initial goal was 200lbs, however I've become greedy and now I want the extra 5 or 10 down. I want to get ripped as well; just like Dwayne Johnson, or the guy from Superman (the new movie), or Stallone in Rocky, or like the guys from the 300 movie. I think we all deserve to go for it. After all..., now we can!

I'm looking forward to hear from everyone so that we can all support each other in this never ending journey.

44833130.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I love that POV "Can't be harder than before." Good point!
  • jojolote
    jojolote Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks! BTW if you are having trouble with stairs, walking, jogging, or at the gym. Swimming is always a way to go! I got from swimming 800mts to 1,500mts in 40 minutes. Swimming is a gentle exercise!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    That's so true. Haven't yet, but had planned pool party with friends this weekend - one is an aerobics instructor. But had an excision this morning, and Dr says no swim for 2 wks until stitches out. Will be ready then. Thank you.