MADE MY MAY GOAL!!!

Options
3foldchord
3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
i have been doing SL5X5 for about 4 weekss now. My goal was to deadlift my body weight by the end off this week.

WOOT! I hit my goal and lifted my body weight! I dead lifted 7# more than my bodyweight actually!!!

I did just lift the same weights as last week for my squats and OHP, though.

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!! Congrats on your progress!!!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!! Congrats on your progress!!!

Thanks! I did my set of 5 at my weight, then my son was giving me a hard time about how I need to weigh again and lift more because I weigh more at 2PM dressed than I do when I do that morning weigh in. So I added a few more pounds to prove I could, and when I was taking the weights off I had put a 15 on instead of a 10. (my dad has old old old weights that are all different sizes with the same weight and he has a single 15# that is looks about the same as all his 10s, and it got mixed in... but I am glad it was not 'just me' in that the bar felt slightly lopsided...LOL)
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Congrats!!! What a great feeling!!!!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! I've done the lopsided thing before. I was able to catch it before starting my squat. But I did think "how is it so far off to one side" before I realized I put a 5 on one side and a 10 on the other!
  • amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    IN only 4 weeks, good job!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! I've done the lopsided thing before. I was able to catch it before starting my squat. But I did think "how is it so far off to one side" before I realized I put a 5 on one side and a 10 on the other!

I have mild scoliosis, some days just feel lopsided anyway. I just figured it was one of those days.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Woohoo and I did a lopsided warm up on squats and didn't notice until after.. sigh..
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You rock for that! I'm deeply impressed. :drinker:
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    That´s a big deal!! I´m not good at deadlifts, squats is my strong side. I´m very impressed!! You rock!
  • Skrymmorie
    Skrymmorie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job, and hitting that goal in only 4 weeks is really an accomplishment. And you can only get better!