Lentils

Options
JamieA8
JamieA8 Posts: 36 Member
I have a bag of lentils at home that I want to use. Does anyone have any yummy recipes for Lentils?

Replies

• liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I made cabbage rolls the other day, with lentils and brown rice filling. I boiled the lentils and rice together and added two tbsp of low sodium soy sauce and 4 tsp cumin powder and they were frikkin DELICIOUS D:
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love dahl and dahl soup. Lots of good recipes out there. Otherwise I usually just make a tomato lentil bake and top with mash like a cottage pie
  • cerulean9
    cerulean9 Posts: 9
    Options
    Lentils are great cooked with a little salt, cumin and/or other spices you like. I sometimes cook up a batch and then toss them into grain-based salads - e.g. cooked quinoa, cooked lentils, green onions, spinach, shredded carrots, feta cheese (optional if you are vegan) and your choice of dressing. Works well with pasta salads too - e.g. bowtie pasta, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, olives, spinach, greek-type dressing.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    "Sloppy Lennies"

Cook lentils in water to cover with lots of onion, garlic and green peppers until tender. Drain any remaining water after cooking lentils and veggies, then add BBQ sauce of your choice (I like it a sweet one for this) Serve on whole wheat burger buns.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
  • AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat. was all over pinterest this week stocking up on recipe links.

in case those don't pan out, BUMP
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy herbivore red lentil dal

Also, after soaking, mix with tinned tomatoes, cook until you get a thick sauce - it is good for lasagane, pasta, chilli....
  • bluejeansarah
    bluejeansarah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lentil Tacos are my favourite!

Saute some garlic and onion; add rinsed (green!) lentils, water, and taco seasoning (homemade or packaged) and then simmer away until all the liquid is gone.

That gives you your taco filling; add all your favourite veggies to the finished product!