Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Options
DesignGuy
DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
I love my UP, but one serious limitation I need to keep reminding myself of is not having steps count when you're carrying stuff.

This morning I was working on the concept and story for a fiction short story and I was holding my tablet and recording myself talk as I walked.

So, I did 43 minutes of walking/recording, went to sync my UP to see all my steps and NOPE. I think it maybe recorded like 100 steps in all that. Darn.

Sure, I still got a nice little workout from walking, but it would of been nice to see the steps. :)

I also notice this problem when I'm on the phone as I pace when I'm on the phone, but hold it with my left hand, which is where I have my UP. Maybe I should swap it for incoming calls. :)

Replies

• juliehuestis
    juliehuestis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I carry my 16lbs baby around all day and notice it not counting all those steps too. Very frustrating!
  • JenWyrd
    JenWyrd Posts: 7
    Options
    Cyclists have the same problem. I have heard some wear their UP on their ankle at these times to get an accurate measurement. just a thought!
  • FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I guess I hadn't noticed that issue. I also find myself carrying my 8 month old around a lot and he's over 20 lbs. I walked a mile yesterday pushing the stroller and that seemed to calculate.
  • heyshaker
    heyshaker Posts: 13
    Options
    I tend to hold onto the sides of the treadmill when I'm on it. Guess I better break that habit now!
  • decdav
    decdav Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I try and carry things in my left hand, my UP is on my right. When I'm shopping, pushing a cart it doesn't seem to count those (no arm movement).