How do you get back on track after going on a binge

Options
dredrake1
dredrake1 Posts: 47 Member
I try to figure out what caused me to do so. Sweet tooth, stress or argument. then I tried to figure out how to prevent it from happening again, like better food choice, work out

Replies

• Jazzi2012
    Options
    Personally when I get off track for whatever reason, I don't focus on why because in reality all that matters is that I allowed something or someone else to interrupt my personal agenda and failed to do what I needed to do for myself. Instead, I tell myself it's time to get back on it. My motivation varies from: looking at pictures of when I was larger, trying on "that one dress" to see every milli-inch I want to get rid of before I step out in it, or just putting on music to fit my mood and jammin' out while workin' out. As far as my eating habits, I eat what I want in moderation. If I eat something fried one day, then I try to make sure I eat something baked or broiled the next few days. If I want Oreos, I eat two or three rather than 10 or one cupcake instead of two. I've also found that pre-planning meals help alot.
  • MsGrayCat5
    MsGrayCat5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Crying, that's what gets me back on track! Okay, not really, but I ALWAYS feel guilty when I binge. It's definitely a problem that I have, especially in restaurants. I don't always come "right back" after a binge. It's not always easy. In my house, not a problem. I don't leave foods that will cause me to binge. If pizza enters our house, all bets are off. Unfortunately, pizza comes into our house about every 2 or 3 weeks. I use it as a test to see if I have self control. I failed this weekend.