Gaining weight on insanity???

Options
I recently started insanity program about a week ago, but the first few days I didn't have the schedule so I actually did max cardio month 2 workout (terrible idea!) but i got on track by week 4. Since then I've gained approximately 3 lbs and I don't understand why! Am I eating too many calories, carbs? I'm new to this so I'm not sure

Replies

• PLTransformations
    PLTransformations Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Gaining weight on Insanity is very common. Your muscles will be sore and theyll retain water.
    My advice would be to not weigh yourself.....(easier said than done as im a total scales junkie) and just measure your arms/legs/bum/tum/chest every 2 weeks to see how youve improved.

Also id say that in general people who start fitness programs either lose weight, fat or inches. You wont know which category you are in.

Im on day 54 and so far ive only lost 6lb, but nearly 3 inches off my waist, so whilst not the transformation id hoped for...it really has given me a fantastic base to work from!

Try not to obsess on the weight and dig deeper!!
  • gorgeoouslady
    Options
    I agree with cdlenny. That would best for you to check in weight and measure your arm, thigh, hip, waist and chest every 2 weeks to avoid that discourage. I started Insanity on April 29 to complete the first month then I'm on recovery week of day 5. I lost 5lbs and lost 3 inches off my waist.
  • aimieaimie
    Options
    I really don't understand how people don't lose a tonne of weight doing insanity?! it's really hard its 6 days out of 7 for 40mins. I am struggling myself, I thought it would fall off me. I have heard so many people saying how amazing the work out is and how they were showing abs after a month. Iv been doing it for two weeks now and have lost nothing inches or lbs. Really damped my mood towards it as I don't understand how its not possible to lose anything? very disheartened :(
  • abneys
    abneys Posts: 30
    Options
    My first two weeks I only lost a few inches and no pounds. I am now approaching the end of week four. I weigh in once a week, only on the morning after my rest day (to try and counteract the water rention of my muscles). Don't get discouraged while your body is adjusting. Make sure you're using the food guide/meal plans. I added a heart rate monitor in to make sure I was getting my heart rate up fast enough and down during the rests.

Also remember scales can be misleading since you may be gaining muscle while losing fat. This is why (as mentioned) the measurements are the most important thing!