5/31 Pre Challenge Day -1

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning! Today is the day before our official start day and I just want to say thank you to everyone who started the challenge early with me. You've all helped me stay focused and motivated. I have been exercising and dieting for 2 weeks now, which is usually around the time I give up. But not this time. This time I'll make it to June 30th. 41 days of diet and exercise.

My knee hurts today and I'm not sure why. I know I did a lot of walking the other day but I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I took a day off because my legs were sore from Disney but my knee was fine. Today I can't even walk up and down my stairs. So I guess I'll be taking it easy today too.

My plan for today will be to stay under my calories, do at least 10 girly push ups, which will put me at a measly 5 push up gain for the "push up challenge," and I'll do 50 crunches. Speaking of the "push up challenge;" who was doing that with me? The winner gets to chose next week's challenge. Let me know sometime over the weekend who did the challenge and what your push up gain was so we can determine the winner.

I hope everyone has an amazingly successful day and I look forward to hearing about it. Remember, tomorrow is weigh in day. :noway:

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

♥ Diana

Replies

• Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Diana,

I have a pretty busy weekend coming up...I am a wedding coordinator and I have the rehearsal dinner tonight and the wedding tomorrow....
    I don't know if I will be able to log on here until Sunday...Do you just want our weight to get started?, I weighed myself today so that should be suffice...I would guess, let me know if that would work?
  • JurneyEve
    JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes, that'll work. Good luck with the wedding.
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day going well! I wish everyone a wonderful weekend! I am currently at 144 :sad: , it is less than when I first started, but definitely time to get serious about this!! My younger adult weight hovered around 125 - 135. I think 135 is reasonable (5'5") and 50 years old. I am also going back to the gym this weekend!! I used to work out regularly until my foot surgery issues... oh well, all healed now, so NO EXCUSES!!!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    And I would kill to be at 144 - that's less than my goal weight and I'm only a couple inches taller! :tongue: I've had a good day too, with a great Power Yoga class this morning and on track to be well below my calories. I'm hoping weigh-in tomorrow will show that I've undone the damage from the holiday weekend.
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    And I would kill to be at 144 - that's less than my goal weight and I'm only a couple inches taller! :tongue: I've had a good day too, with a great Power Yoga class this morning and on track to be well below my calories. I'm hoping weigh-in tomorrow will show that I've undone the damage from the holiday weekend.

Well, everyone is built differently. I have a small frame. It was a shocker the day I stood on the scale sometime ago and weighed EXACTLY what I weighed at 9 months pregnant!! I don't mind getting older, I just don't want to be frumpy. btw, I would LOVE to be a couple inches taller!!! Lucky you!!
  • myaebeling
    myaebeling Posts: 11
    Options
    Well my Friday has been a good one. I walked to the gym did an hour of aerobics and was pushed by my personal trainer for 30 minutes and walked home. Burned 220 calories and my total calorie consumption was 1,044 calories well below my 1200 total for the day. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow and officially starting the challenge.
  • 1efcahill
    1efcahill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, I spent the day in the hay fields today. And so I have no idea how to count my exercise. Riding a tractor in and of itself is sedentary -- getting up hay is not. :flowerforyou:

I'm really just bragging cuz we bought part of the family farm that has been in my husband's family since 1780's! This is one of the main motivators for me. I want to be able to ramble all over and keep up with the kids. And I want to ride again. so........ I am ready for tomorrow and the weigh in and the challenge!

I love Diane's quotes and today I have one. "Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble up, if thou wilt ever dig." Marcus Aurelius (he's even older than me)
  • dfinnula
    dfinnula Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi

Well I have started as I am almost a day ahead being in NZ and the start of the dateline: Weighing myself on Monday, as I predicted I had a mini blow out yesterday - before i started but had been tryin gthe pre challenge and up til then good and definitely got me in the zone so back on track today.

My pre-challenge was 144 and goal is 128 (also am 5' 5") - but would love to get down to 134 over the course of the challenge; I have manged to get down to 134 a few times over the last 15 years, doesn't generally last long; but haven't been 128 in over 30 years (am now 47years)- suspect 10lb is quite a fast weight loss over the course of 30 days (faster than I normally manage).

Long weekend for me this weekend and tomorrow of to a hot spring spa - motivation of being in my swim suit gnerally keeps me on track however, need to avoid my mind set where I seem to think that I HAVE to have treats when on a day out!

Good luck everyone.