Week 6 Inspiration Challenge - Pics

Options
adancer59
adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
Here is a place to post photos of your awesome inspiration displays! Hopefully this will give us all something to be motivated about :)

Replies

• marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    love this challenge !!! so for monday I am sharing picture from my 20 and at my haviest

I was about 20
    15nmuqw.jpg

this is me at 6/1 (so nearly my haviest) on left and on right its me at the end of my last challenge ( start of april ) - I am still on same weight

2zoc8c3.jpg
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    my family(missing my oldest son in this pic)

2uhldz6.jpg
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My Inspirations for everything...my boys!
    boysz.jpg[/URL]

My Inspiration poster for being Fit & Healthy (hangs by my treadmill)
    20130504183535.th.jpg[/URL]
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Inspirationcollage_zps2f750f0a.jpg
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    9a739f39-b3dc-40fb-91ee-48b1579b62e3_zpsdefc0356.jpg

This is who gives me the strength, courage, support, love, and some constructive criticism (as needed) to keep me pushing forward and striving to be the best I can be. This is my family and without them I would be lost!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    good morning from rainy London
    come on this is so bad ....I need sunshine !!! I need Summer !!!

Reading your posts I love what you saying that your family is everything and inspiring you to loose weight.
    My family is my all and of course I need to be healthy to be with my boys .... but my family is not inspiring me :( I AM DOING IT FOR ME - and alone !!! How to get support from family?

We are eating healthy except extra bits and sizes!!!! my kids are eating 5 times but my hubby is eating only 2 times - lunch is fine but his dinner is 3x what it should look like and if i say anything it only cost arguments |I've told him I am loosing weight because i eat more times and maybe even more than ever before - but he doesn't want to listen to it

Am i the only one who tries to introduce healthy size portion and less fat (saying that adding lots of cheese on pasta or mayo on everything is not healthy) not even saying size portion of my kids and hubby are too big .... And I am loosing battle .... any-time i say it they put even more to make me mad :(

they are moaning about my diet

2u3z907.jpg
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    How old are your kids? I simply don't buy foods that are bad for them to indulge in. We have lots of fruits, veggies, nuts/granola, yogurt, ect. I also use smaller plates. I can fill the smaller plates to look like they have a larger amount of food (works great for the younger ones). My husband eats larger portions but he also burns thousands of calories a day at work. Again, because of the healthier choices that calorie content isn't horrible.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    my boys are 6 and 9 - we don't have sweets at home and their base of foods is good

like today
    breakfast we had wraps - they done their own chicken |+ salad

snack apple + musli bar

lunch
    turkey sausage with jersey potatoes and tomatoes and cucumber

snack
    yoghurt

for dinner my hubby was home and on their rice and chicken went lots of mayo and cheese :(

they will have cornato latter

my kids are fighting over fruit they love fruit ...but my hubby is teaching them bad habits at dinner time :(
  • marcelka77
    Options
    So forthis another horied (wether wise)day bit more positive look at my plateau.

When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,143 Member
    Options
    When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world.

I like this point of view! :bigsmile:
  • Jennifer8348683
    Jennifer8348683 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem at my house. The big issue for me is evening snacks. My hubby goes for chips and bars and has them on hand and then the kids want them too. He is just not interested in making changes. I wish we were on the same page. I'm hoping eventually he will follow my lead. We'll see. Wish me luck. :)
  • stacyb99
    stacyb99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    2jzf5l.jpg

This Is my inspiration; My Dear Mom-- She died @ 59, she had so much life in her--
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Okay, I already posted my inspiration photos and now I have had time to think about my 7 reasons for wanting to get healthy. This is actually tougher then I expected as I wanted to write ME for every reason:laugh:

1. To be fit and healthy with lots of energy (need to keep up with the kids).
    2. To actually wear a bathing suit (not shorts & a t-shirt) at the pool or beach.
    3. To learn how to eat appropriately and maybe (no promises) learn how to cook.
    4. To be able to throw something on and not worry if it is clinging to bulges or emphasizes my hips/butt.
    5. To break my TV habit! I want to live life not watch it on TV!!!
    6. To feel good about myself and feel like my kids & boyfriend are proud of me (not ashamed)
    7. To participate in the "Tough Mudders" challenge this time next year in Whistler, BC (need endurance, agility, stamina, strength....well pretty much everything I don't have.....YET!)
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    2qmqe7n.jpg

My inspiration is where I was 3 years ago. I just want to feel confident, beautiful and sexy like I did then. I've gone from 210 at my heaviest to now floating between 173 and 178. Goal is 155/160.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    What a lovely day I had yesterday at chasington ...

Quote for today

You get whatever you settle for.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,143 Member
    Options
    My 7 reasons:
    1. There is a history of diabetes in my family, and I don't want to get it!
    2. I want to get fit and improve my endurance, so that I am not out of breath so fast
    3. I want to be able to go shopping for clothes without problems
    4. I want to feel relaxed if I am on a beach
    5. I want to generally feel good about myself
    6. I have to fit into my trekking trousers
    7. I want to be fit for and enjoy my trekking vacation in July

I don't have a picture of myself to post as inspiration... But this is an image of Mount Skierffe (on the right), and the view form the top into the Rapa Valley with the Rapa delta in northern Sweden - I hope the weather will be fine so that I can climb on Mount Skierffe and look at the view during my tour.

EcM2tRw.jpg

t5i1Wor.jpg

And a quote I love, from Samuel Beckett:
    "Ever tried. Ever failed.
    No matter.
    Try again. Fail again.
    Fail better."
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Still thinking about an inspirational image to post but my reasons and motivation for continuing losing weight are
    1. My health was at risk. I need to be in the healthy weight range to minimise risk and stop my family from worrying about me!
    2. My weight depressed me - I looked older, had no energy and no confidence. It's getting better......
    3. I don't like wearing dark shapeless clothes to hide the bulges and stay in the background. I want to be able to wear fitted colourful clothes.
    4. Compliments are nice. I can accept them because I have achieved something and I can motivate others to lose weight.
    5. I can go into a normal shop and choose clothes I like - not on the basis of what limited choice they have in my size.
    6. My family are proud of me and my weightloss has inspired my husband to reduce his portion size, cut out snacks and take more exercise.
    7. I've been able to liberate some nice clothes that I bought optimistically but failed to get into before MFP. Big clothes have been donated to the charity shop. No way am I going back to that size again.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    here's an inspirational video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • marcelka77
    Options
    love it
    you make me cry
    here's an inspirational video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • marcelka77
    Options
    she died so young :(
    2jzf5l.jpg

This Is my inspiration; My Dear Mom-- She died @ 59, she had so much life in her--