6/1 Day 1 of the 30 Day Challenge - WEIGH IN DAY

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning everyone and welcome to Day 1 of our 30 Day Challenge. Today is WEIGH IN DAY! :noway:

6/1 = 146.2, which is 3.4 pounds lighter than I was before I started the Pre Challenge 2 weeks ago, so Yaaaaaayyy Meeeee!!!! I've been eating a lot healthier and I've been exercising almost everyday. Just the fact that I've been exercising is a victory for me. I'm a self-proclaimed lazy person. I'd say couch potato but I'm more of a computer potato. I blame Facebook. :laugh:

Today I'm going to Sea World with my daughters and my mother so I should get a lot of walking in. My goals for today are to stay under my calorie count, get at least 12000 steps in (I'll have my pedometer), and do 50 crunches.

I look forward to hearing about your goals for today, your weights and also getting to know you a little better. I'd like to give a quick shout out to 1efcahill - Congratulations on buying some of the family farm that's been in your family since 1780. I'm a bit of a history buff so I find that really cool. I wish you luck.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. We'll start off slow for the weekend. Make sure you log all your calories into your food diary. Monday we'll start a weekly challenge. I don't know what that will be yet because I'm still waiting to hear from everyone who took part in last week's "push up challenge." I'm looking for someone who had a gain of more than 5 push ups. If that was you, let me hear from you because you get to choose our 1st official weekly challenge. :drinker:

Today's quote comes from one of our members - jwhited71 - "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." Here's hoping that by the end of this 30 day challenge, exercise and eating healthy will become a habit for us.Good luck everyone!

♥ Diana

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Do we post our weigh in's here? If so, I'm still at 258 <sigh> Hopefully that will change after this month! Woot !!!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    SW - 220.6
    Here we go pals!
  • myaebeling
    myaebeling Posts: 11
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I am still 123. So I am looking to see a change after 30 days. I am definitely grateful to have this group for motivation to being slimmer.
  • mkkd
    mkkd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends - I am checking in at 252.2bs. My goal for the day is to get my lawn mowed and some garden work done. Believe me when I say this is not an easy feat since we have had rain everyday for the last 2 weeks and I am afraid there might be homeless children hidden in my lawn! So calories will be burned - trust me.
    I look forward to an upcoming challenge, whatever it may be.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Santina
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    start weight 221
    hoping for a big change by the end of the month
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!

My starting weight is 233 lbs, I've been tracking my calories since January so that has become a habit, everything I eat or drink gets added :)

My goal for today:

Complete Level 1 Day 2 of 30 Day Shred
    Minimum 10 miles on my bike
    20 push ups
    Work on my tricep dips those have been a focus of mine this week can do 15 now want to be able to do 20 by the end of the week.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
    Jen
  • fitdiana21
    fitdiana21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As of today my weight is 289 looking forward to this challenge.I have already completed my workout for today.

35 mins of walking

50 squats w/ free weights 8 pounds each hand

45 crunches.
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello, new friends!

I weighed in this morning, and was happy to see that I'd lost 5.2 pounds since my last weigh-in. I'm hoping to lose five to eight more this month.

Today I'm volunteering at the rodeo to help raise funds for Give Every Child a Chance, so I don't know how many healthy options will be available in the noms (AKA food) department. I'll do my best! Hopefully, they'll have me in some sort of active role.

Good luck, everyone!

Geronimo!

-Dani
  • 1efcahill
    1efcahill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    4 pounds gone since I joined the challenge - and I am so pleased! I swam (sometimes with a kick board) for 30 minutes and that'll probably have to do today. I will stay under my calorie goal because that little sign that tells you where you will be in 5 weeks is a great motivator - --- whether you are over or under.

Diana - if you're ever out here on the "right" coast - I'll be glad to give you a tour!

DaniKaren - my hat's off to you for volunteering!

Beth
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    1 pound lost since the start of the pre-challenge, and I was successful this week in (mostly) undoing the Memorial Day weekend damage. My goal for today is 25 crunches, 30 minutes of light cardio, and some good stretching.

Diana - I can't top your 5 push-up gain on the challenge.

Way to go, Beth & Dani!
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all ,

am new to this challenge... and I weigh 161lbs...hope to lose a lot !!!

cheers :drinker:
  • GFielding_56
    GFielding_56 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 176 lbs or 80 kg

I'd like to lose a few more lbs to add to the ones already lost.

Good luck everyone
  • ARGebhardt
    Options
    Hi there! June 30 is my 30th bday so I have extra motivation to make this month really count!! Yikes...

This month my goal is really to walk every single day and to log in MFP every day as well. Any weight loss is a bonus! If I stick to the goals I set myself I will award myself with a mani-pedi.

Starting at 233.5 today
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!
    I'm checking in today at 172.5lb...been around this area for a while and would like to break this plateau.
    Naughty day with the girls in York today so not off to the best start...chocolate truffles were eaten and prosecco was drunk! :drinker:
    However, 6mile run tomorrow should sort that out!:laugh:
    Look forward to seeing the fitness challenge and getting to know my fellow challengers.:bigsmile:
    Sarah x
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    SW: 322
    CW: 307

Sorry - been a crazy few days, I promise to be a bit more social once things have returned to "normal"
    Goal is to be hopefully back to normal routine by monday - Had a foot injury last week and this weekend's been more then a bit stressful due to the person I look after needing to get hearing aids (volume at 100 on TV does not make for a happy me)
  • ethansmama108
    ethansmama108 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Day 1 lost 3.4 pre-challenge hoping to lose 3 or 4 more pounds when challenge is done......
  • JurneyEve
    Options
    Excellent start to our 30 day challenge. So far there have been 19 of us who've weighed in. I have had only one official response to the "push up challenge" from last week and that was from Spambo16. Has anyone else taken the "push up challenge" with us that can beat a 5 push up gain? I'm curious to hear how Jen (jwhited71) did.

I know you've been doing push ups Jen. Can you beat a 5 push up gain?

If you didn't get a chance to post your start weight today, it's not too late. If you want to you can post it in tomorrow's topic if you didn't get the chance to log on today.

Today was a rather relaxing day for me again. I went to Sea World with my youngest daughter and my mother. They have a new exhibit called Antarctica that just opened so we thought we'd check it out. The wait time for the ride/exhibit was 100 minutes. 100 MINUTES AND WE STILL GOT IN LINE!!! Luckily, we only had to wait 60 minutes before we entered the actual building. (Isn't it funny how 60 minutes seems like such a relief when compared to 100?) Anyway, we get into the building, watch a short film about penguins, then we're ushered into this other room to wait in line for the ride that will lead us down to the penguins, which we were told were kept in a room that is only 29 degrees Fahrenheit so I was a little worried about how cold that was going to feel to us flip flop wearing, tank topped Floridians but I was prepared to suck it up. We waited in that room for another 45 minutes while we listened to periodic recording of, "May I have your attention please? Due to technical difficulties, their will be a brief interruption... blah, blah, blah...We recommend that you stay in line...blah, blah, blah..." A part of me wanted to leave in disgust, demanding some sort of reimbursement since I had already waited an hour and 45 minutes in line for this thing, but another part of me was like, "I've already waited in line for almost 2 hours. I'm not leaving now!" But after the 2 hour mark came and went and the fourth, "May I have you attention please?" announcement, I decided to leave in disgust, demanding a ticket to return at our leisure and skip this horrendous line. To which they complied. I was a little shocked at how accommodating they were. They wrote us up a ticket right then and there and then took us directly down to the penguins so we could see them on our way out. And let me tell you...the room with the penguins was no joke. IT WAS FREEZING! We stayed for 3 minutes before we were frozen solid. I do NOT miss the north, that's for sure.

But I've rambled on enough. Good night everyone. I look forward to hearing from you all tomorrow. And Beth (1efcahill), thank you for your offer of a tour if I'm ever on the "right" coast. I'll take you up on that if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods.

♥ Diana
  • JurneyEve
    Options
    Make that 20 of us who have weighed in today. Come on everyone. There are 155 people in this group. Let me hear from you.
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey! Today I'm at 286.
  • 1234suroor
    1234suroor Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi!! I am at 131 today