London Calling-Fairly new to UK and to MFP

Options
HI all,

So although I have done MFP before (a few years ago) I never posted or even read anything in the forums. This time around I am really trying to do things differently. I got back on MFP this March and I log and hop online everyday (in fact I'm addicted). I moved to the UK from the US almost a year ago, so I don't have any friends this side of the pond, and could definitely use some additional support.

My diary is open so feel free to view it. Yes, I know I am not at 1200/day...I am working toward it, I am also very short (5'2") so a little goes a long way with me :)
I also don't log exercise or water typically, but I do drink it, and I exercise about 5 days/week.

Anyway, would love some new friends in the UK

-Lexi

Replies

• ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Don't worry about 1200 a day. Many people will tell you that isn't enough. This you will learn when trawling the forums.

I'm Leanne, 32, live in West Sussex.
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    Don't worry about 1200 a day. Many people will tell you that isn't enough. This you will learn when trawling the forums.

I'm Leanne, 32, live in West Sussex.

Yeah, I've seen that too many times to count. I'm more so trying to do it for my own mental health (I am notorious for not eating enough when "dieting"). So I'm trying to be healthier about it this time. I'm not overly concerned about the eat your TDEE minus 20% or whatever. I don't feel hungry, and I certainly feel like I am eating enough, so that's good enough for me!! I do appreciate your support though. Lord knows there is enough people on here that would tear me a new one for it...haha
  • miss_holly01
    miss_holly01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I am a recent returner too. Likewise, 1200 is my normal diet most days without dieting, I never feel hungry and I have a high metabolism due to thyroid probs. I'm not going eat when I'm not hungry. But I do need to exercise more. I guess everyone is different :)
  • shanitomorrow
    shanitomorrow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, also in London and looking for new contacts, please feel free to add me.
  • Louisa1979
    Louisa1979 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm on 1100 so even worse ;) However, I worked out my normal calorie burn and it was only 1350 before sport so I didn't think 1200 would do much! I follow a high protein, low carb, low fat diet (Dukan like) that works for me as I don't feel so hungry! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm also a recent returner. Based in West Sussex.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Work in SW1, so London also
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hiya, Im a yank in the UK too :) Been here 6.5 years! Welcome!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    live in london but work all over the uk,

joined recently and happy to give\recieve support from fellow uk'ers :)