Roll Call

Options

Replies

• earthangel08
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Cindy. I've been thinking about joining the Navy for about 10 years now. Every time I think I'm ready to make the commitment, something comes up. I'm entering the last year of my 20's and I'm tired of waiting. I'm more dedicated than ever. Unfortunately, over the last 10 years I have gained about 100lbs. So here I am, much like the rest of you, doing what it takes to make my dreams a reality. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Glad to see a whole bunch of goal-oriented women (not excluding men) in this journey! I have just reached my body fat / weight requirement for the Navy and am set to head to MEPS on June 10! Anyone feel free to add me! I am hoping for the intelligence linguist position if not, anything in intel would make me happy.

Since January I have lost a total of 40lbs. I did enlist in the Navy two years ago and recieved a ship out date but was voluntarily discharged before leaving for bootcamp over a stupid quarrel with my recruiter but now I am back with a better recruiter and am FINALLY ready to leave.
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I never thought I would be ableto join but I am going to make this happen! I go see an Army recruiter on Tuesday and will need to lose a few inches to pass tape and aboug 100 lbs yo pass weight but I'm just looking for tape right now. I'm super excited and super motivated to make this happen both for myself and my family!
  • biggun1911
    biggun1911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm new to this group I'm 24yo 5.10 and 230lb. I need to at least drop down to 200lb to actually thrive, and not just get by in the USMC boot camp. I give myself 3mouths to drop the weight and build up my cardio. Already talked to a recruiter, he wanted me to sign the paper work but I didn't feel comfortable knowing I was ridiculously out of shape.
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck brother! I'm hoping to be headed to boot camp in 5 months or at least right after new years!
  • feliciaradams
    feliciaradams Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I just want to say good luck to everyone. It is so possible. I went from 190 now im 140 I met weight down at meps, and am leaving for basic august 18 to fort lenardwood. This group has helped me met some really great people and want to say thanks to all the support and help along the way. Just remember your dreams can become a reality with determination and focus, and support lol. Good luck to everyone and I am here until august if anyone needs any advice or just want to talk about what they are currently going through!!!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm Chelsea.. I thankfully have lost enough weight I could join however I am not fit enough in my eyes.. (I can't do ONE push-up!). So I have a bit to work on.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone and to those who are well on their way!

Well I've finally met military requirements and have finally enlisted in the Navy.

I leave for bootcamp August 5th!
  • kathrinelukes
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Glad to see some people supporting the military on this site! I'm joining the USMC and just got the call that I was accepted into the September OCS-214 training program. I'm near the maximal weight limit for my height, so my OSO asked me to lose some weight a while ago, since then I've lost 4 pounds. Now I just have to continue my journey to weight loss and a healthier me before until I leave for Quantico. I'm also keeping up with my training and having a blast on my internship currently.

I'm graduating with an exercise science degree so don't be afraid to ask if you have questions regarding training, I'd be happy to help. On the nutrition side of things, I don't have as much experience, but I'll help as much as possible, or ask someone who does know what they are doing. :)
  • JessieLynne5566
    Options
    I am aiming for the Army. I would like my MOS to be something with cooking. As soon as i tell people that i get one of those, " you want to do what???" looks. They all say if i want to be a cook to just open my own resturant type deal. Most of y freinds don't know i want to do this. The few i told said it was stupid to be a cook. I wanted to punch them in the faces. I have 80lbs left to shed. It helps that i am walking everywhere.
  • PubCrawler
    Options
    HOOAH. I am future Army 68whisky.... I have to drop 45lbs.... and I am hurtin to shed this.... and need some major help........... (JESS- REMIND THEM .... NAPOLEON WAS QUOTED AS SAYING "AN ARMY MARCHES ON ITS STOMACHES" ....
    HOOAH YOU GET IT GIRL
  • chellycakes
    Options
    UPDATE:yesterday, I went to meps, and swore into the dep for the USAF!! The earliest I can leave is jan 7 but idk my real date...or job. Soon!!!
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :UPDATE:yesterday, I went to meps, and swore into the dep for the USAF!! The earliest I can leave is jan 7 but idk my real date...or job. Soon!!!:

Ooup!
  • PubCrawler
    Options
    congrads
  • JessieLynne5566
    Options
    I just saw this. Thank you so very much! Uh i will, and so far im doing. I have found a very serious motivator and Im going to hopefully surprise the **** out of him. And your comment made me feel a whole hell of a lot better. So again thank you.
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Female, 24, and 70+ pounds to lose by the end of spring 2014. I'm joining the USAF as an officer after college.
  • JessieLynne5566
    Options
    Good luck Stephanie! Just have to keep motivated!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone. So my update, trying to join the navy and waiting on a doc at Meps to approve me so i can get my physical. it is because i had past bp issues which i no longer have. i am trying to stay positive, but i feel :-(
    if they don't want me, i will never stop my working out and working out like someone who wants to get in, but sometimes it sucks.
  • chellycakes
    Options
    Update: I received my ship date for the Air Force!! Feb. 18!! Does anyone else have any updates?!
  • kingjoker32
    kingjoker32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My name is Jesse, I am trying to lose weight to either join the Army or Navy. Either way I am going by tape. I have to lose 30-40 lbs and about 4-6 inches off my waist. I am going to start the C25K app on my phone starting Monday. As for diet, Im goin to do a low calorie, low carb, high protien diet to see if that works.