Who Are You & What Have You Got To Lose?

Options
danamariers
danamariers Posts: 155 Member
Hello to all!

Let's start off with some introductions: who are you, when's the big day (or estimate if nothing is set), what's your current weight (if comfortable sharing), what have you got to lose to get to your goal (inches, lbs, fitness achievement, etc), and how you plan to achieve it

I'll start: Dana, no date set in stone but we're looking for June or July of 2014, currently at 183.7, the goal is to get to 135 (by December of this year), and my plan of attack is daily exercise (at least 45min, 6x/week) and eating fresh, seasonal foods, limiting processed junk.

Happy shredding all!

Replies

• YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Natasha, we JUST set our date for September 27th, 2014.

I currently weigh about 221 lbs, my goal weight would be to hir 135 by the wedding, which gives me over a year (but the sooner the better!) I am planning on following the TDEE course of eating 1550 cals per day, exercising 4+ times per week (as my schedule will allow) and keeping my carbs low as I have an insulin problem.

I am also going to be starting kettlebell workouts!
  • kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    hey! im krystal. we are actually having a small wedding with just the two of us on july 21st of this year! so almoat 2 months!! my fiance roger is in the coast guard so thats why we are getting married so soon. i currently weigh 252 and would like to get down to 225 by then. in january 2015 we are going to have a bigger vow renewal at disney world so that our family and friends can go and i want to be 113 which is my ultimate goal weight by then. i plan on doing slim in 6 and body revolution to get down to 225 by our wedding :)
  • kimee1909
    kimee1909 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Kim, I currently weigh 155lbs & my wedding day is 10 May 2014. I am hoping to get down to 137lbs by then, but hopefully sooner, as I'm not just doing this to look great on my wedding day. But to look great for the rest of my life! I have never been happy with my weight & I suppose getting married has spurred me on even more :) I am hoping to got to the gym 4 x a week to do at least 40mins of exercise & to eat healthily & reduce my calorie intake.

I find that the first couple of weeks are fine, but then its getting passed those weeks & trying not to go back to the old habits of eating junk all day long! My downfall - cheese & chocolate!!

Oh & I only joined myfitnesspal today! xx
  • callasm
    callasm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Renee I an 260 and my wedding luckily for me isn't until 2015 Oct 3rd. I want to be healthy, but I also would like to look nice in whatever dress I end up choosing for my wedding. I just started my weight loss journey last week. I work out 4 days for 30 mins to start . Sweets are my weakness so I am hoping I can finally conquer that !
  • LeKittycat
    LeKittycat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Bjarney. I'm getting married on September 9th 2013, so in...13 weeks! I currently weight 160 pounds :(
    My goal weight is 120-125 pounds, so I hope that's possible.
    I started jillian's 30 day shred today, and will start following the SHRED diet tomorrow, so it's going to be a Shred-themed summer for me :) Hopefully I'll shred the fat :p
  • feebz36
    feebz36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im Fiona, I get married on the 3rd July this year. I started at 11st 3lbs, two years ago, after the weight just crept on to me (how rude!). I am 5'7'' tall. I reached my target of 9st, but since upping my running I am now 9st 6lbs which is 132. I dont feel bad for it, as I look much slimmer even though I am heavier! My aim is to stay the same or a little lighter, as my dress has been fitted and I pick it up on the 20th of this month!!! exciting!!!
  • rustyroof
    rustyroof Posts: 76
    Options
    Wedding Date Oct 28th 2013 in Las Vegas

SW 229
    CW 196

Goal 1 - 20lb loss - Complete
    Goal 2 - 30lb loss - Complete
    Goal 3 - 40lb loss - June 2013
    Goal 4 - 50lb loss - July 2013
    Goal 5 - 60lb loss - Aug 2013
    Goal 6 - Any surplus to loose - Sept 2013
    Goal 7 - Get in my dress and get married :0)

I don't have a ideal weight as I am going by how I feel and look. I heavy lift and do some cardio, mainly swimming. I eat clean and I am in the best shape I have been for over 15 years.

My dress is 2 sizes smaller than when I started my life style change so I have no excuses to fail :0) I am nearly in it now
  • Mahi33
    Mahi33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my name is Maheen and I will be getting married on August 25th of this year. I am currently 138lbs and would like to be between 125 to 130 lbs by my wedding.

Good luck to everyone.
  • bluebelltinkerbell
    bluebelltinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Im sara, wedding is on march 22nd 2014. Currently weigh 159lb want to get down to 120lb. Will be on 1200 cals per day need to ramp up the exercise as I currently do NONE! Want to slim down and tone up. Haven't even started dress shopping yet, want to try lose 14lbs first and quick!
  • Marni_Jo
    Marni_Jo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey There,

I'm Marni - getting married May 2014 - currently 170 wanting to get somewhere between 147 and 133. Just starting this... and a lot nervous about it, but it's great to know there are real women out there doing this and succeeding. Helps me think that my goal is realistic and possible.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm Destanie and I am getting married September 7th of this year. I currently weigh 142 after already losing 18 Lbs and I would like to be down to 125-130 by Sept. My plans to achieve this goal involves a lot of running :) which brings about my second goal which is to run and finish a marathon (scheduled for December) in under 4 hours. So I am hoping these two goals will help me stay motivated to lose both excess weight and time off my races.
  • slamirault
    slamirault Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, my name is Stevie. I'm getting married on September 27th, 2014. I'm starting off at 150 pounds and hoping to get to 140 by Christmas and 129 as my ultimate goal by the wedding, as well as just a healthy weight to be at. I'm trying to eat less than I normally would each day by having smaller portions. I've only just started and now I need to throw exercising into the mix. I'm hoping to workout about 30-45 minutes, 3 times a week.
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heidy and I'm getting married next month. I weight 150 after losing 20lbs. My goal is to get to 140 and be leaner and more toned. I don't have an overall goal weight because I'm just seeing how things go along. Once I reach a place where I'm happy with my fitness lever and appearance I will stop worrying about the number on the scale and start taking up classes like Krav Maga or Juijitsu. I try to workout 5x a week for at least 45 mins.
  • shana4169
    shana4169 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm Shana, a newbie, and have no official wedding date yet, but we're shooting for winter 2014. We have an 8 month old surprise baby so planning has been difficult. I am starting my weight loss journey in the morning and am super excited! I will be eating Paleo and working out 4-6 days per week. I will be taking group classes at the gym. I'm going to do Body Pump, RPM, Zumba, and Yoga. I currently weigh 199 lbs. My ultimate goal is to weigh 135 lbs. I am still nursing my son so it's going to be challenging, but I'm up for it! I have Body Pump at 5:15am and I'm sure the baby will be up at least once before then so I'm calling it a night!
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am Prium.My wedding date in 6th December 2013.I have to shed another 13 pounds to reach my ideal weight.I started from 167.2 and now I am 131 pounds..I exercise at least 45-60 mins everyday .I also strength train.

Thanks!
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hi I am AJ we don't have a particular date yet but it should be this year. it would be only a small wedding though but still want to be perfect on my dress.:happy: I am weighing 119 and would love to go down to 100 lbs. before our wedding day. hope we can do this all! good luck with each and every one of us!
  • Jenni19453
    Jenni19453 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Sorry, I just posted a rant on the board. I'm new to this so bear with me if I'm doing it wrong.

So, My wedding date is 5/3/14 and my fiancee Mike and I will be getting married in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. I am 5'6 and I currently weigh 187 pounds and truly do not want to look like this next year.

I carry the majority of my weight in my stomach so I look like an apple on sticks.

I was skinny once, in college. I weighed 120 at my smallest. Peole said I looked sickly that small. I still thought I was chubby. If I knew I'd go up to 190 in my 30's I would have shut my face.

Guys, please help. Looking in a mirror with a bathing suit on makes me sick. I want to feel beautiful during my wedding. I want to be able to shop for clothes without feeling ashamed. I want to wear fun things like bikini's and sarongs.

I have a bad habbit of starting diets and then quitting and binging. Last time I did that I gained all my weight + 10 in 6 months.

This has to be different. I will not be fat for my wedding... right?
  • akcristi
    akcristi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amanda, and my sister is getting married in August of this year. I am 134 looking to get down to about 115-120. I used to be a very active dancer and gymnast, and since I entered the real world of being a working girl after college (graduated in 2007), I have gained 20-25lbs since I started working at my current company in 2009. Looking to slim down for her wedding, and get back in shape and be healthy!
  • chavonann
    chavonann Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Chavon. Our big day is May 17, 2014!! I'm currently 201 lbs and I'd like to lose 50 lbs. I'm going dress shopping in July. I'm so nervous! I've been trying to eat more healthy but exercise is my biggest struggle. I'm always afraid people are watching me at the gym. And I get so discouraged because I can barely jog 1 minute without having to stop. But I'm going to get over it and push myself because I truly want to live a healthier lifestyle...not just for the wedding.
  • chavonann
    chavonann Posts: 4
    Options
    We're basically in the same boat. And our weddings are around the same time. We can do this!