Daily Challenge - June 2nd

Options
danamariers
danamariers Posts: 155 Member
"Sunshine hue sunshine grew
Shines its rays on me and you
Sunshine light sunshine bright
Not a dark cloud close in sight"...

Wherever you are, there's a world outside waiting for you! Here in Canada's prairies the sun is peeking through the clouds but we could always use more!

Today's challenge is to get your sassy buns outside and get active for at least 35 minutes. Rake your yard, go for a walk, landscape, mow the lawn, scoop pet poop- anything! Just get outside and do something.

Remember to log your outside activity and leave comments about what you did and inspire each other :)

(excerpt from the poem, "Sunshine" by Will Munter)

Replies

• kimee1909
    kimee1909 Posts: 7
    Options
    I walked the dogs earlier & was out for about 45mins! Walked round one of the fields near our house in sunny Lincolnshire, UK! xx
  • danamariers
    Options
    Awesome!

Since my hubby fractured his foot, I've been left to do the "man" chores so today I've spent about 2.5 hours cleaning up the yard and mowing the lawn (about 2 hours more than I'd like to spend doing grunt work)

But my yard is prettier, I'm sweaty and found that my yard was a ladybug sanctuary over the winter. (I found easily 150 of them crawling in my leaf piles) Adorable!
  • feebz36
    feebz36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today I took a break from studying to go for a run with my fiance! Tracked us on walkjogrun, and we did 4.12 miles in 33 mins I burned 593 calories, and enjoyed a lovely shower afterwards using all my nice body lotions and potions (well deserved I think!).

I always get left to do the garden as its weediness annoys me before my Fiance! He is defo on lawn and weed duty next time!!! Quite rewarding when you are finished though :) I love ladybirds, they are so pretty!
  • timarii
    timarii Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I walked to and from the gym and got my dose of vitamin d for the day!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Today I ran in the womens fitness festival 5K and then walked around to see the vendors afterwards, upon coming home I picked up dog poo (which I did before seeing this post lol) and watered the garden.
  • danamariers
    Options
    Excellent outdoor activities had by all!!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's challenge...