Height loss from weight gain

UnwrappingCandy
UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
Have any of you lost height with weight gain? Have you gained back height with weight loss?

I was 5'10.5'' before I started gaining weight. I am 5'9'' now. I am just curious to know if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Replies

• wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    I'm not sure if I've "lost height" as I always measure with good posture, then go back to slouching. People are always shocked when they hear how tall I am though. I think it has gotten easier to stand up straight and I don't look so hunched now that I've lost weight, but I couldn't give you an accurate measurement.

My husband has lost height from being in the army and carrying all those heavy packs, I don't think he'll ever get that height back. So I guess it depends on if it's a posture problem, or actual height being lost. I think once you wear away the cartilage and stuff between your vertebrae that you can't get that back.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    I just got told today by several people that I look so much taller now that I'm thinner. I'm still 6 ft tall though.
  • LolaTootsie
    LolaTootsie Posts: 12 Member
    I was 5'9" when I got my driver's license at 16, but then I lost about 40 pounds and was 5'11" when I was measured my senior year of high school.

Age 28, 5'11" but lost more weight - and my driver's license still says 5'9" because I'm too lazy to get a doctor's note to change it! :tongue: