I had a great workout!

Options
sunflowerhippi
sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
I am trying to get this group active again people, we have 5 weeks left!!!!!

I see on the members page people have not even log on since they signed up, or for weeks now! Come on lets all motivate each other and get this back going.

So this thread is for posting when you had a great workout, or reached a new milestone in your workout.

For me I am almost to a 150 squat, and my legpress is at 270, and calf raise 315! :)

June goal is 8 strength days, :)

Replies

• NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing any "workouts" but I am proud to say that I took a walk each day this week during my lunch! WoOt! Even when it was cloudy and looked like rain. I toted my umbrella with me and braved the weather! So I'm proud of myself there. On top of that I did it while I was sick. So double proud there! WoOt! I need to get back into doing Just Dance stuff and lifting weights. My head feels all cloudy right now. I just want to feel better! Even with being sick I ended up losing 2.4 pounds this week after being stuck for two weeks. All in all I consider that a win!

Jennifer
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    Yeah, I do maybe 2 "workouts" a week, but spend a lot of my day active at work. School is done next tuesday for the kids so more of my "workouts" are going to be "spent 5 hours walking around the Philly Zoo" lol
  • McAmber84
    McAmber84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WTG to those who are sticking with it!
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had a great workout today! I am on week 7 day 2 of couch to 5k so it was a 25 minute run. I started really slowly (and uphill, ugh!) but after a few minutes I found my stride and the running not only seemed easy but enjoyable. I was checking out my surroundings and enjoying my music and before I knew it, my polite app told me I was halfway through and then it seemed like shortly thereafter she told me only a minute left. I pushed a little harder for the last minute and felt great when I was finished. Then I came home and did my 50 squats for the challenge and my burpees for another challenge I have signed up to participate in. I feel strong and proud of my hard work today.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I had a great workout yesterday! My boyfriend and I played racquetball at the gym. I've only played twice now, and my boyfriend is pretty experienced, so he still beat me in all 4 games that we played. However, in the last game I scored 7 points before he beat me, which is a lot better than the 3 or 4 I usually get!! I know that doesn't sound like a win to most people, but I was excited :)
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Probably I shouldn't add this to the great workout thread more like 'I had a crazy workout'.

Went to the gym expecting Run Squad where we usually just do running on campus. Today he kept us indoors for part of the session. We had to do squats....a whole lot of squats - first 1 squat in 30 seconds then 2 squats in 30 seconds then working all the way up to 30 squats in 30 seconds!!! Absolutely crazy (though good for the squats challenge since in all we did about 349!!) then down to the ground to do the exact same thing but with sit ups (1 in 30 seconds, 2 in 30, until we were doing 30 in 30 seconds!!) And...ummm yeah, I couldn't even do 20 in 30 seconds so spent the last few minutes panting on the ground in pain. :noway:

Then if that wasn't bad he told us to run around the Ring Road (2.4k) as fast as possible!!!! So all in all 45 mins of pure torture and now my butt hurts!!! lol!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I ran 10k today (for the first time. started c25k Feb 1) @ 9km/h in 1:06:29 training for a 10k race Jul 7.
    Then did 100 squats, 45 situps, 30 crunches, 30 leg raises and 35 sec plank
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make every day a great workout. :) This last month I'm going to do Ripped in 30. The end of this challenge is actually my MFP first year anniversary, so I'm hoping to really get it together this last month.

Good luck everyone!
  • NyteMirage
    Options
    I just gotta say this... I did The Color Run on Saturday and HAD A BLAST! I will definitely be doing it again next year! WoOt! And it was an awesome workout! Profile pic has me all covered in color. LOL! If you've never done it before you should definitely look into it. www.thecolorrun.com and see if you have one in your city or close by! I even caught a pair of socks they were tossing from their little tower. YAY for freebies!
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    Not a normal "workout" but I spent an hour playing frisbe with the girls today at work, in 85 degree weather lol
  • NyteMirage
    Options
    Last night I waited until like 9pm to go for my walk around the block! LOL! It was to friggin' to do it during the day. It was still kinda hot/muggy, but better than a heat index of 100!
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    I spent almost an hour and half running up and down the tumble track at gymnastics until I got my front handspring and landed on my feet