Catalyst

Options
I am adding this to my challenge. I didn't lose anything on the cleanse but I eat clean so no surprises. Does anyone else use catalyst and how do you like it?

Replies

• tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I use it. I really don't know what is making me lose weight, the catalyst, the many other pills I take, or the change of eating habits. It's doesn't make my stomach upset at all. My friend (who yes, sell Advocare) always takes three before a workout. Sorry, not a real good answer.
  • crhalte
    crhalte Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it too. I have been taking it for the cleanse and will continue through the rest of the challenge. I take three in the AM before I go workout. It was recommended and I fugured it couldn't hurt.

I'm down 5 lbs on day 8 of the cleanse.
  • luckiedaniels
    Options
    I just completed the 10 day Herbal Cleanse, and though I followed the meal plan and worked out 5 days per week, l didn't drop a single pound. Aside from having to eliminate dairy and coffee, I'm a relatively clean eater so the diet modifications didn't bother me too much.

I'm day 2 in to continuing through to complete the full 24 Day Challenge and feeling pretty good. Though I'd love to drop pounds by the minute I've reminded myself this is about sustained wellness over time - a quality of life change. No more "quick weight loss" plans!

I've added Catalyst, taking 3 with my Spark before AM kickboxing and breakfast. I plan to see the Challenge through and am hoping to really see improvement in weight and tone by the end!

Luckie
    TheArtOfBeingLuckie.com
  • NewDad24
    NewDad24 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have seen a lot of questions about Catalyst. If you want to know about Catalyst, look at the ingredients. It is over a couple of grams of amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. A slice of bread has a little more than 2 grams of protein too. The protein in bread is just listed as protein; but be certain to understand, the protein in bread is a vegetable protein which lacks the full amount of amino acids your body requires. So Google up on what amino acids are in most grains that bread is made of. Do you see something familiar from when you looked at the contents of a Catalyst?

Also understand there are a good deal of amino acids your body can synthesize from other amino acids. The amino acids that you can synthesize are called non-essential amino acids. There are both essential and non-essential amino acids in a Catalyst. There are essential and non-essential amino acids in bread. I could go on in great detail, but you should be clued in now. There are lots of carbohydrate calories in bread. The carbohydrates can be avoided. Mostly there is only a little protein and fiber in bread other than the carbohydrates.

Oat bread is a little better in that oats have tryptophan which is probably best to avoid in supplements. I have seen no typtophan in AdvoCare products. Rice products may be good in that you could get some natural B6 which is unhealthy to supplement entirely. Brown rice has much more B6 than white rice, but has perhaps twice as much arsenic in its raw, uncooked, and unwashed form.

So you may be wondering why do you need bread. You can get fiber from a number of sources. The essential amino acids however are not so easy to come by without also consuming a lot of carbohydrate calories. If you eat a lot of animal protein, then Catalyst is only adding calories to your diet. Yes protein has calories. After you have eaten all of your required protein for the day, that is mostly all the protein that is going to be a benefit to you. Where Catalyst aids your weight-loss is when you have had a lot of green vegetables or much of any vegetables outside of the grain and legume varieties. If you have not had the grain and legume amino acids that you need to complete the full animal protein that your body needs, then most of the vegetable proteins you have consumed are good for nothing but calories. Do not count those vegetable amino acids toward your daily protein requirement until you have completed the full set of essential amino acids in good proportion.

Some vegetables like potatoes have all the amino acids you need. Potatoes have a lot of carbs too. How to get all your amino acids without a lot of carbs is always a challenge until you use supplements. It is not like Catalyst is going to benefit you regardless of what you eat. If you are filling up on bread, pasta, animal protein, etc., Catalyst is just more calories. But if you do not understand how to count your proteins and amino acids, it might be better to have one Catalyst to be sure to get those amino acids in case they might be useful. Taking three Catalyst at a time is what you do before you have a meal of nothing but garden salad with no bread or croutons or much animal protein.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I read NewDad24's post a couple of times and I have to be honest I'm not tracking. I do eat animal protein, usually twice a day. I do have some type of complex carb at lunch (typically whole wheat pasta or a multi-grain sandwich thin), but that's about it for starches with rare exceptions. I eat a lot of vegetables & fruits. I don't eat potatoes. Do I want to take Catalyst?
  • SigKapAbs
    SigKapAbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I read NewDad24's post a couple of times and I have to be honest I'm not tracking. I do eat animal protein, usually twice a day. I do have some type of complex carb at lunch (typically whole wheat pasta or a multi-grain sandwich thin), but that's about it for starches with rare exceptions. I eat a lot of vegetables & fruits. I don't eat potatoes. Do I want to take Catalyst?

I responded to your other post as well! I have continued to take catalyst 3x per day every day. AdvoCare's catalyst contains very clean and pure amino acids the help with muscle retention while you are losing weight. Catalyst also tightens and tones. You never want to lose muscle, especially as a woman. We women tend to lost .5-1lb of muscle per year after the age of 35. This is why people are so weak when they are older- they lost muscle mass! Catalyst is one of my favorite products because it helps prevent that!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I responded to your other post as well! I have continued to take catalyst 3x per day every day. AdvoCare's catalyst contains very clean and pure amino acids the help with muscle retention while you are losing weight. Catalyst also tightens and tones. You never want to lose muscle, especially as a woman. We women tend to lost .5-1lb of muscle per year after the age of 35. This is why people are so weak when they are older- they lost muscle mass! Catalyst is one of my favorite products because it helps prevent that!

Thanks! I have been taking Catalyst since May. I take 3 when I get up (with my Spark) and 3 at bedtime. That's the schedule the person I originally signed up through uses it. I also use the Nighttime Recovery on the days I strength train.
  • girlvsplanet
    girlvsplanet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started using the Catalyst when I was on the MNS a while back, and I was having trouble getting lightheaded and nauseous. It was kind of scary taking so many pills, so I stopped. I have recently started the 24 Day Challenge again, and I don't plan on taking the Catalyst at all. With all the pills from MNS, that's just too many for me.