Name change and future of group

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
so i changed the name of the group to NY Spartan Sprint, so that hopefully this group can stick around for future races.

I am so glad that so many people were able to come and enjoy the race. now you know why it is one of the most popular spartan races in the country.

the dates for next year are already set. 5/31 & 6/1, and 6/7 & 6/8. again, two weekends. obviously there is a lot of time to plan the race and get the group together (and train!!!).

Replies

• SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I found myself loving some parts of the course, and cursing the others that I simply was not prepared for...hello rope climb & monkey bars, I will be ready for you next year! One thing for sure, I have a new-found appreciation for trail running! AARRROOOOOO!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    In
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    In with both feet.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'll run with the Captain any day.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Im all over this ****!!!!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    So fucking in.

Registering for the 31st today.

BOOOM
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    So fucking in.

BOOOM

What time?
  • Desterknee
    Options
    So fucking in.

BOOOM

What time?

11:30, I think. Just to have the slot. I'm registering far enough ahead so that it can be changed if need be. I just wanna get in and not have to worry about it later.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Well what is the team name?
    I'm in for 11:30 on the 31st.
  • Desterknee
    Options
    Well what is the team name?
    I'm in for 11:30 on the 31st.

No team yet. I'm not sure how much the official team stuff matters. And if it does matter, when registering as individuals, we can form the teams later.

We have a whole year to figure out the details and whatever (if anything) is done today can be edited. There's no rush to register, of course, I just have an itchy trigger finger.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    No team yet. I'm not sure how much the official team stuff matters. And if it does matter, when registering as individuals, we can form the teams later.

We have a whole year to figure out the details and whatever (if anything) is done today can be edited. There's no rush to register, of course, I just have an itchy trigger finger.
    The only difference I can tell with teams is the discount after the race.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    My team will be the ones im working with during my own battle, in my heat, that actually want to be with me for the duration and understand that petty BS has no place on the trail. And im going to name them forever as my comrades in arms. Next year i wont be injured. Next year im going for blood.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If you sign up first, start a team, the name can be changed but it's so much easier than doing it individually. Everyone after that can just sign up into the team and get the discount and we don't even have to do the same heat times
  • Desterknee
    Options
    Okay. When I sign up I'll create a team with a name like MFP Spartan Sprint or some lame **** like that since I'm not creative. I'll let y'all know when it's done so you can join when you sign up and we'll get a group discount.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have caught the bug and like Sue I want to be able to do the monkey bars and rope climb next time, as well as make
    sure I have my joints in proper durable order. Next time I'll finish the race running! Also down to buy tickets early. There's a finisher's discount as well.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Right now the race price is $60. For the next two weeks we all have discounts of $15. That's just too good a deal to pass up.

So I'll see you ****ers again next year. And we'll face the same ***** of a mountain. That's what a team does.
  • Desterknee
    Options
    I made a group called MFP Spartans.

This group is for everyone on MFP to join in the interest of getting the cheaper group rate. People will still be able to register for whatever heat they want to run, (except the elite heats I believe) even if they are part of the group. I thought it in the best interest of everyone to make it as cheap as possible, since the more people on the registered team, the more people it will be.

I registered myself for the 11AM heat on May 31st.

Of course, anyone can do it on another day so I guess the group I made is for those who wanna do it on the 31st.

YYYAAYYYY *happy dance*
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    in.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you guys tell me about this earlier?

I live an hour from the race site!

tumblr_lqif5lXqdE1qafrh6_large.gif

In for '14