June goals

Options
lwoodroff
lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
I'll start this one too :-)

Main goal, get used to and progress with 3x5 as 5x5 was taking too long *wail*
Work on doing a press up!
work on the assisted pull up machine thingy can do with 50kg of support at the moment...
be accountable with my food (yes it is on here for the third month in a row! Will I ignore it yet again?!). I've dropped my diary target to 1800 as it was so easy to sail past 2000. In reality this means I'm giving myself a cushion, so I'm not going to fret about being under target but I'd like to get some of this body fat melting!
do some fricking cardio. I need something short, sharp and effective as steady state cardio makes me feel like hulking out. I will start a topic on this!

Plenty I think :-)

Replies

• Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Keep to my diet - I've been very good. I'm worried I'm undereating by just a bit, so I'll give it til the end of June and if I don't see some changes by then, I'll bump it up by 100-200 calories.

13 weight lifting sessions.

Break 100lbs on my squat.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Start my new lifting program. I will only be adding weight once a week so progression will be slower.

Squats: Start deloaded @ 110 for back squat weeks, start @ 75 for Front squat weeks - End at 120 for back 85 for front
    Bench: Start deloaded @ 95 - continue to work on powerlifting form and work on incorporating the required pause at the chest. - End at 115
    OHP: Start @ 70 - continue to work on form with narrower grip - End at 85
    Deadlift: Start deloaded @ 150 - continue to work on form - End at 180

Cardio to include a 2 mile interval or static state run, 1 km rowing sets (2-4), and HIIT on non-lifting days.

Add accessory lifts to all days.

I guess my over arching goal for June is to continue to develop in the lifts with form, power, and explosiveness using progressive loads, accessory lifts, and alternating tempos.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I really only have one goal for June: Build up my endurance without negating my strength gains. I've started doing complexes and will be spending the month there, but also plan on doing the main lifts still on a regular basis in some fashion with the heavier plates so I stay strong.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the heavy lifting so my June goal is to be regular 3 times a week with stronglifts and to really work on my form.

I also want to do 2 sessions of cardio so I'll aim for a bodycombat and RPM class each week.

I need to be more serious with my food so I'll try very hard to stick to my 1530 cals and protein goal per day. I want to reduce my body fat % so will see how it goes at that intake level. It's hard to guage when I'm not being serious.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting 2 or 3 times a week. This will be harder than it sounds with moving house, a hen party and a wedding plus finishing off prep for my wedding!

Keep eating at 1700+ exercise and 80g+ protein per day.

That's it. The weights will do what the weights will do this month.
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My goals for this month is to increase my protein. I really suck at getting an ample amount of protein in daily. So i will do my best to focus on getting more in.

Secondly, I am going to attempt adding some lighter weigh workouts to the end of my stronglifts. I really want to work more on my back and triceps. I don't feel like I work them enough with stronglifts-- obviously my legs get worked plenty.

Good luck to all on your goals. Hope you rock them!!!!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    -Round 2 at 3x5 and wrap my head around the fact that progress is going to be waaaay slower this time around
    -Diet, diet, diet--it's atrocious and has been for a long time.
    -Two cardio sessions a week.
    -Stick to my goals this time so I don't have to reread at the end of the month and be embarrassed that I didn't hit any of them.
  • jogirlruns
    jogirlruns Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Okey dokey - my turn

Weights 3 times a week - no excuses
    Swim or run at least 2 days a week
    Purchase some fractional weight plates so I can progress more consistently
    Continue to work on my form - particularly deadlifts and rows.
    Figure out what's going on food wise - find a calorie /macro amount to produce some more fat loss.

Stay positive and keep my eye on the prize - the prize being feeling strong and awesome!

Joanne
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I started Strong Lifts last week.

Goals for June:

1. Don't miss a weight training session (Saturday being the hardest day normally).
    2. Keep on with the adjustments to diet I made last week. Seem to be working. The scale has finally budged. Would like to be at 160 by end of month.
    3. Get on a more set distance with running. This requires me and my running partner to stay on the same page. I want a little more structure to our 10k training.
  • amyaroja
    amyaroja Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just started SL, too, so...

1. Stick with it!
    2. Track my food. (I often get lazy for weeks a time and don't track.)

That's actually plenty for me! Will be a huge improvement!
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    1. don't miss a minamlist stronglift session (just started Saturday)
    2. eat well - natural & unproccessed where I can (lots of meat/veg/eggs/fruit/natural yoghurt)
    3. don't look at the scales for at least 2 weeks
    4. Give myself a high 5 if I manage the above 3 :-)
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    1. Finish my first cycle strong. (this week!)
    2. Use my deload week to get ATG on my squats - I'm close, but I'd like to move up with a little more depth under me.
    3. Start my second round of SL in 3x5 format, only adding weight every 4th workout for each exercise, but adding reps in the intervening exercises: So, Squats 3x5 at 165, then 3x6 at 165 then 3x7 at 165, then 3x5 at 170.
    4. Fit in and be consistent with accessory lifts.
    5. Get in 2 cardio sessions a week.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    been thinking about this today.... I havent made my weight goals in a few months...
    I think my goal for June will be to be able to do 25 pushups (non-girly) & 15 pulls ups.... Baby steps! I cant do ANY pullups right now nor can I do 10 non-girly pushups
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Actually wrote these down this morning. In no particular order...

-Continue SL 5X5 3X/week
    -Schedule & complete a 5K race with my step-daughter
    -Drink more water
    -Actually STICK to the calories that I've logged and stop sneaking extras. There. I said it.
    -No sweets during the week. Save them for 1 special occasion on the weekend with my family.
    -Lose at least 3 pounds this month.
    -Eat more fish to help get my good cholesterol # up.
    -Cook at least 3X/week.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Squat now 80lbs Goal 100lbs
    Bench now 70lbs Goal 90lbs
    Row now 80lbs Goal 90lbs
    OHP now 50lbs. Goal 60lbs
    DL now 120lbs Goal 150lbs
  • sraffel
    sraffel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Squat - from 115 to 140
    OHP - from 65 to 75
    Bench - from 80 to 100
    Rows - from 75 to 85
    Deadlift - from 140 to 160

Other goals:
    Do a pull-up
    Food logging consistency & watch sweets
    Take form videos
  • puppy_amor
    puppy_amor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1. Keep going with stronglifts 3x per week, and continue working on form

2. Be strict with my diet, stop having bad weekends!

3. Squat body weight (currently 135, hoping for 145 with good form and parallel)

4. Keep up the cardio at least 2x per week

5. Be accurate with logging
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1a) Tighten up my lifting schedule- stop letting too many days lapse between sessions.
    1b) Work on form and don't let my ego stop me from reloading to get better form. :noway:
    2) Add some cardio (failed May goal, LOL)
    3) Get serious about figuring out my diet. Need to dial in the calories and protein a bit better.
    4) Have fun, but don't over-indulge too much in the drinkies at the beach this summer. :drinker:
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1) Stick to my SL routine 3x per week. Into my 4th consecutive week. And move up in weight!
    2) Add in 2x per week - Kickboxing or something like that for cardio.
    3) Come up with some great summer meals that fit into my macros and budget.
    4) Get over my mental block with squats.
    5) Work on pushups
    6) Be more active in the SL community/group
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    As my one year Journey to Health Anniversary approaches (July 9th) I want to have the following done:

1. Reach a BF% that is considered Fitness (21-24%). I will be on the higher end if I can get 1-1.5% down but I will take it to be in that category. All boils down to cutting an inch off my waist...

2. Tighten up my diet. I was loose in May and for the first time in my journey didn't lose any weight (which was actually one of my goals for May, but I still was loose on my eating). I still plan to maintain, but I need to clean things up a bit to reach my first goal.

3. Continue to gain strength with Strong Lifts, but also to be more consistent with my accessory work.

4. CELEBRATE my 34th birthday (June 26th) like a Bad Azz!!!

Good luck to everyone! Let's rock this out!!!