Elective US at 16 weeks?

Options
Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing great!

My doctor does the anatomy scan at 20 weeks... and my husband and I decided to do an elective ultrasound when I am 16 weeks to find out the gender. Normally I would wait (I think), however... Our daughter (my stepdaughter), will be here for the scan and would love to keep her as involved as possible!!

I was wondering if anyone else did the elective scan and how much you paid? It isn't TOO BAD here, about $50.

Replies

• kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We did one at 17 weeks because my anatomy scan got pushed to 22 weeks and I just didn't want to wait! It was $70 or $80, I can't remember, but worth it. I also felt better knowing that I could then have the sex confirmed again at the anatomy scan before telling people what we were having!
  • courtneydeewalk
    Options
    I think that is our plan too. We will find out at 16 weeks and I will feel better knowing that it will be confirmed at my anatomy scan.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I did one at 16+1 for this pregnancy, and it cost $54 - it included gender ID, 3 printed film pics, 1 cd of pics, and a dvd of the u/s as well as listening to the heart beat.
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If I would have realized it was that cheap for a gender scan, I totally would have done it sooner than 20 weeks! I am not patient when it comes to finding out the gender, and since we already have 2 boys, we were really anxious to find out what this one is, and it was torture to wait until 20 weeks to find out that it is another boy lol
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Oh, that sounds tempting! I wonder if my doctor even offers that? But I should probably wait. We've already decided to get the 4D ultrasound (which is actually later, at like 28 weeks), just because we've never had one before. That's $150 here. I can't find the brochure, but I think it comes with a live DVD plus still shots. I'm excited about that. :)