June 2nd--5th Week Check In

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Good Morning...
I see Shelly is still with us :) YAY

How is everyone doing? This challenge hit a bump when I got so sick, it seems when it hits a bump people fall off. I was afraid of that. Those are still with us reading posts and logging remember to "change" you will need the Personal motivation and ability, the Social motivation and ability, and finally the Structural motivation and ability. If you haven't read the book Change Anything, I highly recommend it. I believe it comes in audio to so pop it in on your way to work, or the gym for that extra motivation.

I have been struggling with my weight this last month. Not a lot, just enough to be discouraging. I have been working out doing house remodeling and zumba two to three times a week. Exhausted, and beyond sore. Looking at my journal, I didn't make the greatest food choices even though the burn was there. Work has been mentally quite tough lately so that front hasn't been an escape either. SO, June 1 regrouped and am marching on.

Color Run is in August--after our challenge but my plan is to do it. Anyone else working on a major fitness goal? Please share it.

Ok Peeps, let's get this party going..Who is with me?

Today, painting another coat of trim, and then the walls and door of the landing. Nap and then work a night shift at work so that I can work on a discipline hearing for a night shift employee (not fun, but part of the job). So from there I'm going to do

zumba 3-4 days a week for the remainder of our challenge
Strength Training 3 days a week
Play with my gorgeous labs
Walk 10,000 steps daily
Keep my calories in check!

I challenge all of us to post twice a week to our Goal Seekers site! Simply post a progress report, a challenge, a question, or a recipe...whatever...just post twice a week so we feel each others support.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Marla

Replies

• ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm still here :) Hey Marla. I have clear goals this month. I've upped my calories from 1200 to 1400, also planning to get a food scale tomorrow or next Monday. Starting Zumba & Couch to 5K (beginners challenge) from Monday. Will be jogging & doing mini strength on Monday, Tues, Wednesday.Zumba dvd on Friday & Saturday. Thursday & Sunday are my off/ cheat days. Hope I can find the balance & lose some weight =) The goal is 3 kg minimum for the month.

Always grateful for the motivation. I'm still learning, so I don't want to do too much too soon. WE CAN DO THIS. DON'T GIVE UP. KEEP GOING.
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm still here :) Hey Marla. I have clear goals this month. I've upped my calories from 1200 to 1400, also planning to get a food scale tomorrow or next Monday. Starting Zumba & Couch to 5K (beginners challenge) from Monday. Will be jogging & doing mini strength on Monday, Tues, Wednesday.Zumba dvd on Friday & Saturday. Thursday & Sunday are my off/ cheat days. Hope I can find the balance & lose some weight =) The goal is 3 kg minimum for the month.

Always grateful for the motivation. I'm still learning, so I don't want to do too much too soon. WE CAN DO THIS. DON'T GIVE UP. KEEP GOING.

AWESOME, and I love your profile picture...that will be my abs fitting into my dress :)
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello!

This week; full crack down, all food and exercise in check...without being worried about it all at the same time, I am ready for
    it! Begin evening abe routine, coutinue until entire process is complete.. Log everything, every day, from this point forward. Weigh in on Thursday, and every week that follows; no more and no less.

Keep working on all my "other aspects"...positive changes and improvements :-)

It's a big week for me, but I'm ready, I know I am!

Have a great week everyone!

Jess
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

This week simple goals are to continue with all my cardio and strength workouts. Make sure to hit my calories each day. I am trying to up my cals to 1400 to see if this will increase my weight loss, as it is going painfully slow for my taste.

Good luck everyone on your goals!!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Awesome didn't want to be here alone. June goals:
    1) complete 5 miles walking/running each day for challenge & post
    2) strength train 4 days at lunch break
    3) do cardio challenge on scheduled days
    4) hope for weight loss
  • pma119
    pma119 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm still here too. I am getting serious starting today, my little brother is going to kick my butt in Hawaii in September if I don't get in shape. He's a major outdoorsee type and I'm sure he has lots of hikes planned. I better get in shape so I can enjoy it and not dread it. LOL
    Wow is it really June already I don't know where May went, have to stop working so much! LOL. But I guess that's a good problem to have at least I have a job.
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm still here too. Just not logging my food and workouts on MFP any more, I'm using my Weight Watchers tracking tools.

I'm feeling very good about my decision to return to Weight Watchers, things are going great! My meetings are Monday's so I didn't have one last week because of the holiday, so I haven't weighed on their scale for 2 weeks. I am not concerned, I stayed within my points allowances and didn't use all of my extra points either week. I am actually looking forward to getting on their scale! According to mine I am down 4 lbs in 2 weeks! That is high for me when on WW, I usually lose 1 pound to 1.5. I am fine with that, I didn't gain this weight overnight, I'm not going to lose it overnight.

I am continuing to train for the color run in July. The one and only down side to the color run is it is in Philly so I will probably be running in the nasty Delaware Valley heat and humidity.

So my goals for this week:
    Continue to follow WW and hit my 5% mark.
    Train for the color run
    Learn more about the proper hydration I will need for working out in the heat.
    Add some strength training on my off days from running.
    Unpack some of my favorite smaller clothes to keep my positive momentum going. Eyes on the prize so to speak.

I hope everyone has a good first part of their week, see you again later this week!

Laura
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Hello!

This week; full crack down, all food and exercise in check...without being worried about it all at the same time, I am ready for
    it! Begin evening abe routine, coutinue until entire process is complete.. Log everything, every day, from this point forward. Weigh in on Thursday, and every week that follows; no more and no less.

Keep working on all my "other aspects"...positive changes and improvements :-)

It's a big week for me, but I'm ready, I know I am!

Have a great week everyone!

Jess

Keep going Jess, you have got this!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    I'm still here too. Just not logging my food and workouts on MFP any more, I'm using my Weight Watchers tracking tools.

I'm feeling very good about my decision to return to Weight Watchers, things are going great! My meetings are Monday's so I didn't have one last week because of the holiday, so I haven't weighed on their scale for 2 weeks. I am not concerned, I stayed within my points allowances and didn't use all of my extra points either week. I am actually looking forward to getting on their scale! According to mine I am down 4 lbs in 2 weeks! That is high for me when on WW, I usually lose 1 pound to 1.5. I am fine with that, I didn't gain this weight overnight, I'm not going to lose it overnight.

I am continuing to train for the color run in July. The one and only down side to the color run is it is in Philly so I will probably be running in the nasty Delaware Valley heat and humidity.

So my goals for this week:
    Continue to follow WW and hit my 5% mark.
    Train for the color run
    Learn more about the proper hydration I will need for working out in the heat.
    Add some strength training on my off days from running.
    Unpack some of my favorite smaller clothes to keep my positive momentum going. Eyes on the prize so to speak.

I hope everyone has a good first part of their week, see you again later this week!

Laura

I'm glad it's working for you Laura. I worked last night and got woken up with only an hour sleeps so I dragged most of the day. I painted another room, but that is it for exercise. I went over board on food tonight too darn it. Should just go to bed.
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    I'm still here too. I am getting serious starting today, my little brother is going to kick my butt in Hawaii in September if I don't get in shape. He's a major outdoorsee type and I'm sure he has lots of hikes planned. I better get in shape so I can enjoy it and not dread it. LOL
    Wow is it really June already I don't know where May went, have to stop working so much! LOL. But I guess that's a good problem to have at least I have a job.
    Paxton will get you moving won't he??? yeah right like mine and sleeps after daycare. :)
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have 2 more weeks before i leave for my Vacation to St. Lucia a 6 week long vacation which will be the test of all time. I will be participating in Carnival thats my costume in my profile pic hope it fits LOL.

My goal for the next few weeks is to adjust myself to eating intuitively I met my goal for May of reaching in the 150's im currently 156 flat lowest in 10 years yeah me. But now I want to learn to eat without my food scale since it wont be around and nor will myfitnesspal since internet will be an issue.
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    I have 2 more weeks before i leave for my Vacation to St. Lucia a 6 week long vacation which will be the test of all time. I will be participating in Carnival thats my costume in my profile pic hope it fits LOL.

My goal for the next few weeks is to adjust myself to eating intuitively I met my goal for May of reaching in the 150's im currently 156 flat lowest in 10 years yeah me. But now I want to learn to eat without my food scale since it wont be around and nor will myfitnesspal since internet will be an issue.
    INCREDIBLE! You go sexy lady!!! You sure inspire me. Thank you for that.
    Marla