amnio

Options
aar3
aar3 Posts: 33 Member
My dh and I are planning on doing amnio but we would like to keep it private. Family, friends and coworkers ask about it and I just say oh we have not decided. Most people leave it at that but I have one coworker who asks weekly. Today she told me I better hurry and decide. I am thinking of sending a text that this is a personal decision between my husband and I and we would like to keep it that way. It is difficult because I am a private person who doesn't like confrontation. With that said I am DONE!!! Anyone else in or been in this situation? Need help with this one!

Replies

• karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree to just send a note saying that it is personal and you are not up to sharing these kinds of details. People are strange!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    This is one situation where I think for someone you see on a regular basis, texting would appear to be the wussy way to tell her to stop asking. Unless she is bugging you about it via text, that's one thing, but I'm assuming she's doing it in person, which warrants an in-person response.

I hate confrontation, too - I am *always* the people-pleaser and peacemaker - but you don't have to be rude or mean about it. Just say, "We've already decided what we are doing, and it's between me and my husband." Any more nosing around, and you can either say that you no longer wish to discuss it or simply change the subject.

These type of people don't take hints, and they only get nosier and more annoying as you get farther along. My husband and I have our own office with two female staff members. While we love them, they crossed some boundaries with me, and I had to put my foot down. Unfortunately it was a bit in anger/frustration but got my point across. They did continue to push the envelope a little, but they stopped doing the things I told them I wanted them to stop doing (touching me or making comments about how big I am).
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I agree that text can be kind of wishy washy, I would just say, in person, NO we are not doing it. Why bother to say we are doing it but not telling you? That is just asking for drama. If you don't want anyone involved just tell everyone you're not doing it, guaranteed they will stop asking if you tell them a decision has been made!
  • aar3
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! This has been very helpful!!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    She is probably asking out of genuine concern for you and the baby but I can understand how that could be annoying if you really don't want to share. Sometimes people can't understand why others don't want to share certain things. I can sometimes be that way because I'm not usually private about things. I think the best way is just to tell her you're not doing it or tell her the truth that you don't want to talk about it and she should hopefully get the hint.
  • aar3
    Options
    Your probably right. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.