ellptical without the arm movement

Options
I bought a prcore elliptical without the arm novement. Do any of you have one.

Replies

• dianadelargy
    Options
    What I tried to say is do you feel like you get a good workout.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yes, we have an old one (13+ years). Still a great workout and you can hold weights and not the rails if you want to engage your arms. Arm swinging isn't necessary for a good workout
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    there are times I'm at the gym and not up to the arm movement and I turn it off. I still get in a good work out without them. Good luck to you
  • dianadelargy
    Options
    Thanks!
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I use mine every morning without using my arms. It took a little practice, but it works my legs harder and it makes it easier to watch my posture.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Not using your arms actually works your core MORE because that is how you stabilize your balance when not holding on to anything. (It is not aerobic and won't up the calories, but it will help tighten the tummy over time)

ANY workout is a good valuable one. If you feel you need arm / back work as well there are always other things you can do. Like, is there a bar or magazine rack or something you can loop a resistance band or tubing around? WIth sufficient starting tension, you can still do the alternating pull in as you ellipticize, but from a more erect posture. A bit of experimenting will probably allow for using the same set up for a wider variety of arm / shoulder / back moves that just the one plane of motion the mechanical arms can move. Only suggestion is - feeling balanced and stable is MORE important that any extras added onto the cardio / leg work.