hi - newbie here

Options
I say 'newbie' I actually joined the site some time last year when a friend sent me a link but sadly I never came back, that was until last week, during a short stay in hospital I had a lot of time to think about my future, health and otherwise and left determined to make changes and as my weight and health are my first priority here I am.

I'm 55 years young, grandmother of two boys and mother of three girls I have a long long way to go but my first week is now over and I'm looking forward. :happy:

Please feel free to add me as a friend, I have a feeling I will need all the help I can get.

Replies

• queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP & our "over-50" group. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Search the site & read all of the new member info. I wish I had discovered this site many years ago (and before I spent money on the "pay sites"!) oh well, better late than never - right?
  • kareneross
    kareneross Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same situation. Trying to remain healthy as I age and finally feel good about myself.... Welcome! Looking for a size rather than a number in my weight loss! I am walking with a friend. And this week I have added some bike riding...which has been years and some abdominal work. I like having my stomach smaller than by bust...Ha ha....!! anyway good luck... K
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all!
  • Ginastern1
    Ginastern1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a new person also. We can cheer each other on.
  • kareneross
    kareneross Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello new friends....Well I'm down 25 lbs...Yeah! I have another 15 to go to my first goal. At this point in my life, I'm trying to be realistic and happy with how things land. So I will reevaluate when I hit that goal. I know the next 15 will be hard. Thank goodnes for "My Fitness Pal" !!! It is holding me accountable. Good luck on your journey's! We are all worth this!!! xoxoxox K
  • cleighton13
    cleighton13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hey Lorna....happy to add you as a friend, the last two years fo rme have been similar in hospital twice, need to change particualrly fo rmy granddtr who is 3....love to chat, get and give support
  • Mayday1705
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm finally getting myself moving towards losing the weight I've picked up over the past 4 years since I stopped abusing the diet pills, Nobese, and giving up smoking in December 2011.
    Both my parents had high blood pressure and my Mom was Type 2 diabetic...and I just know I'm heading in the same direction as my Mom, unless I do something now!
    I also have two grandchildren who I want to see grow up and have them remember me as a happy, active Gran and not some tired, cantankerous, old woman!
    After all these years, you'd think I'd have learnt something and that would be not to skip meals, but I still do it! I'll have a slice of toast with cheese mid-morning and then have supper with my man later!
    I also do very little exercise, although I do take care of my 2-year old grandson during the day!
    I need to change my life...now, but I just don't know where to start!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hi Mayday,
    Hang around on MFP, read the forums, and you'll soon find a plan. In the meantime, just log as honestly as you can, start doing some exercise (walking?) and take your time. I've been on MFP for a year and a half now, and it works, but you have to think of it as a whole change in your lifestyle. Good luck to you. Send a friend request if you'd like.
    El
  • rihmjep
    rihmjep Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: Another newbie, been on Curves diet plan and the meals are getting boring. I've tried this site to expand my meal options and keep track better. The curves exercise program is doable and also keeps me going. I've lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks on Curves and am using My Fitness Pal to enhance their program. Wish Me luck!!