6/4 30 Day Challenge

Options
JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning! I'm feeling much better this morning. For those of you who didn't see my status update, yesterday I "treated" myself to a fried fish sandwich that turned out to be a disaster. My stomach ended up hurting for the remainder of the day. I could barely eat anything else. But I did get 50 minutes on my stationary bike and 40 squats in and I stayed under my calorie count.

Bravo Spambo16 for staying under your calorie count for so long and for exercising when you didn't think you had it in you.

Today, I'm going to take sarahmccallu's advice and increase my squats. Instead of doing 2 sets of 20, I'm going to do 2 sets of 25. I'll try to stay under my calorie count and get 30 minutes of cardio in there somewhere. I challenge you to do more squats than you did yesterday. You can do it! If you didn't do any yesterday this challenge should be easy, right? :laugh:

I hope you all have a wonderful day and remember..."sweat is just fat crying."

♥ Diana

Replies

• Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok, wasn't sure how to do a proper squat so I youtubed it.....

Wow!!, these look hard...ok, I'm going to try and do some today. Can't say how many yet, as I haven't even done any yet...

But, I'm up for the challenge....let's see what I can do...I'll let ya'll know later how many I did....

It's time to get back on the exercise wheel today.... I worked my feet to the bones(blisters)Saturday night....so I haven't worked out this month, yet...but I am ready to start back today....

I'll post later to let ya'll know what I accomplished....

Good luck everyone :)
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Did my 50 squats today :) Yay!!!
  • sarahdmccallum
    sarahdmccallum Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't normally do squats, (mostly because I hate them) but I'll aim for fifty throughout the day.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Hope you are all having a great day! Just checking in for today, my diary is looking good, got in 40 minutes of biking, 10 on the evil elliptical, 30 Day Shred, and a wonderful 20 minute walk to the ocean and back home :)

Hope your all enjoying those squats I suffered with them last month will start that challenge up again in another week or so.
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Day going good. Power walking after work with my husband and my little dog. I had a HUGE craving for chips, so I bought a bag of popchips with three servings, ate the whole thing, and adjusted the rest of my lunch. I know it isn't the healthiest thing to do, but I just wanted chips!! So weird... I can walk by chocolate all day long and have no interest whatsoever, but once in awhile the salty things just scream at me. Will do my 50 squats tonight too! Have a great day everyone!!
  • DaniKaren
    Options
    When I added my squats to my diary, it didn't tell me how many calories were burned. Does it only give a number for cardio or did I make a mistake inputting?
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Today went pretty well for me, after my run and dinner I had another 400 calories left. So I walked to the frozen yogurt place half a mile down the road. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I kept my serving small and only added fresh berries. Also did my first set of 25 squats and just have one more before bed.phew. The 40 yesterday seemed like plenty a it was lol
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My big victory? I did not finish the maple/savory mashed sweet potatoes (which are orgasmically phenomenal at my hotel) so that I could stay under my calorie goal today. Took every iota of willpower I had to let the server take the plate.

No squats today - I didn't have any problem doing them yesterday, but this morning, when I got up, one knee was making a new and disturbing grinding sound. :noway: I thought I had pretty decent form, so I may pass on this challenge. I don't want to put my overall exercise effort at risk for squats, when I know my Power Yoga is hitting those same major muscle groups. I'll sub in a crunch challenge instead.

Was running horribly late this morning but did my morning workout anyway. 40 mins of interleaving HIIT on the elliptical with my upper body strength training.
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When I added my squats to my diary, it didn't tell me how many calories were burned. Does it only give a number for cardio or did I make a mistake inputting?

It only includes calories for cardio, but there is an estimate for general strength training under cardio. So, count your reps under strength, then do a cardio entry for the time spent.
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok, I just did 20 squats....and dang, they were hard...
    Kudo's to ya'll doing this challenge :)

I only went over my food intake by 57 calories....which I know is still over...but I have it set at 1200 calories.

The squats didn't show any calories burned, probably because I only did a few....oh well,

Didn't exercise again today :sad:

I feel like I had a very unproductive day :yawn:

Hoping things get better

Here's to a better tomorrow :drinker:
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I usually do about 50 squats a day but my butt is getting sore so I had to take a break for a day or two
  • DaniKaren
    Options

It only includes calories for cardio, but there is an estimate for general strength training under cardio. So, count your reps under strength, then do a cardio entry for the time spent.

Thank you!