Acne

Options
fiberartist219
fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
Does anyone here have acne? What do you do to treat it?

Replies

• Jetta1492
    Jetta1492 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Spironolactone. It works great:)
  • SexNerd
    SexNerd Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to have a moderate case of acne. It's rare that I get a pimple now. I took an antibiotic for about a decade and used a number of different things a dermatologist prescribed to me on my face and body.
    I had a special wash that really helped on my back and chest to make the acne go away. It dried my skin out, but that's part of how it helped to prevent the acne too. I also had a face mask type thing that smelled really bad, but worked wonders. It had sulfur in it and was meant to be left on for a bit until it dried, then washed off. That worked really well to make the redness and irrational in my face go down a bit and get rid of some pimples too.
    I would be careful about overwashing your skin with cleansers and such though. Too much is too much and can just make it worse. Seeing a dermatologist was probably the most helpful thing I did.
  • nabzilla_uk
    nabzilla_uk Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use something called duac which is a topical gel prescribed by my dr. I think its brilliant, I've had acne all my life and tried many things. The only thing is it can dry my skin out a little too much so i use it every other day.
  • Bjoyz
    Bjoyz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do. It's embarrassing. Especially during finals week.

I used boscia's acne line for a while. It's pricey but it worked for me. Plus it was like having a spa treatment two times a day!

http://www.boscia.com/newsite/index.php?gclid=COf0haHkyrcCFdB7QgodRSAAMQ
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I second the spironolactone. It works wonders. Also, cut out the unnecessary carbs and refined sugars from your diet and your skin will clear up almost immediately. For me, that latter thing works every time. :)
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh - and my favorite skin care is from Origins. It's so gentle and soothing for raw, cystic skin.

I made a video on this subject for my YouTube channel. Here's a link: http://youtu.be/7yASriDKKMA
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a while to get it under control, but I use neutrogena natural bar cleanser and then moisturize and moisturize more right after, it's cleared my skin up a ton. I've had acne problems since I went off the pill :/
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a while to get it under control, but I use neutrogena natural bar cleanser and then moisturize and moisturize more right after, it's cleared my skin up a ton. I've had acne problems since I went off the pill :/

Yeah, that's why I have acne too. I went off the pill and my skin has been freaking out ever since.
  • ragan4bama
    ragan4bama Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For me, My doc said with PCOS if you are not actively trying to get prego then you need to be on a BC. After I had my son through Clomid treatments and shots I decided I didn't want to be on BC anymore thinking it was the cause of all my issues. However, the longer I went without anything regulating my hormones the worse things got. Back on BC and metformin things are starting to clear up. It's a constant battle having PCOS and endometriosis. Moisturizer to keep your skin from drying out and causing irritation and talk to your doc!
  • ladypinktulip
    ladypinktulip Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Spironolactone and Birth Control if not trying to get pregnant
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash and Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment. Works wonders.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Spironolactone has been my savior! I haven't had a breakout in 2 months now! Also, I use a clarisonic and I have some awesome organic face products from a spa near where I live!!