Winter Brides??

Options
Are there any 2013 winter brides out there? I lost about 11lbs.... and I am back down to 6lbs. I would loveeeee to lose 10lbs by the end of June. I've found a few new workout classes in the area... but I need some help staying motivated!

Add me! I would love to know what you are doing to keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey there! December bride here! How is everything going with your weight loss and wedding planning?!
  • ChallengeAccepted14
    Options
    Yay, another December Bride!!!

I love wedding planning.... we are doing great for being 7 months away. We have the:
    Church/Reception Venue
    DJ
    Cake
    Caterer
    Rehearsal Dinner Site
    Our Accommodations
    Dress
    His Ring
    Photographer

In the process:
    Save the Dates (as soon as we get our engagement pictures back!)
    Invitations (as soon as we pick our save the dates)
    Officiant - THIS has been our most difficult task so far..... it's hard when you live 4 hours away from your wedding site!!

Everything else... we wont have to start for a few more months!!

As far as weight loss..I'm back on track! I stopped counting/logging in daily for awhile (which resulted in a weight gain) and got really discouraged ... but, now that I'm back on it's going great! I've lost about 17lbs while on MFP (22 total) .... over a span of 6 months, and people have FINALLY started noticing! The feedback has really helped! I also went down a dress size (luckily my wedding dress got put on back order, so, the dress store called to inform me and I said... actually this works out, because I think I may need to go down a size.... sure enough, I did!!

WHAT ABOUT YOU!??????? What is the feel of your wedding (or theme)? Do you have your dress? How is weight loss going?
  • mindalyn
    Options
    oh my gosh. you are on a roll - way to go!!! I am not as organized, have been out of the country working the 1st three months of our engagement and then we are doing bathroom renovations, which ended up a bathroom gutting and redoing/fixing everything. its been a pain. anyways. We have:
    venues 90% confirmed
    cake
    save the dates in envelopes (now just hunting down addresses)
    idea on my dress
    photographer
    some decorations ordered and delivered
    idea on bridesmaids dresses
    honeymoon destination narrowed down to two places

we are having difficulties with pleasing a strict Hispanic Catholic family, while making it what we want. I think as soon as we decide between the two ceremony/reception venues (1 is both are outside, the other is in a church/hall), we'll be good to go. I am going to add you if you don't mind :)
  • ChallengeAccepted14
    Options
    Hey! You are on a roll too (save the dates in their envelopes, I am jealous... but hopefully SOON!) ...Thank you for reminding me to do some address hunting. I am visiting my mom this weekend!

Keep up the good work! 7 months to go!!!
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    <
    Winter bride right here. December 28, 2013. Hoping to be down by at least 50lbs. I've lost 20 so far. Feel free to add me! <3
  • mindalyn
    Options
    you and I are on the same page lol. I went to my moms last weekend to get addresses, but got so carried away with other things, I completely forgot :| 7 months - plenty of time (that's what I have to keep telling myself ;))

skinnytayy - just added you :)