Calories

Options
SaresMansell
SaresMansell Posts: 17 Member
Hi,

As no two days are the same in terms of my exercise I have my levels set to sedentery and then add on the extra calories to eat back. I've put in my strength for today (my first day) and it gave me 136 extra cals (which was not even enough to cover a protein shake) and I'm starving now. When I was doing NROLW you could eat an extra 300 on lifting days so I'm just wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea to add in the extra or weather I should just stick to what MFP has given me? Anyone else done this?

Thanks

Sarah

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I worried about this for months and then stopped logging my exercise calories. I set my intake to a specific number after looking at my average intake over the previous months to estimate what my maintenance calories would be. So far so good--I just eat a little less on rest days.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I don't like the calories MFP gave me; it was really low, and almost no one is sedentary really. I decided to go by Heybales' spreadsheet (it allows you to put in how much exercise per week):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

That's what I did in the beginning, which gives me about 1800 calories to eat. Now, I eat somewhere between 1800-2400, and as long as I'm in that range, I don't care. I've been averaging about 2200 calories, and I'm still losing (although at a slightly slower pace of about a pound a week), so I'm fine with that.
  • SaresMansell
    SaresMansell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this I'll give the spreadsheet a whirl. I 'm not bothered how slowly it comes off as long as it is coming off and I'm getting healthier :)

x