Looking for BFing Mama's trying to lose weight!

Options

Replies

• stacnm
    stacnm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am EBF too. My son is 5 weeks old today. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help support each other in a positive way. I continued to use MFP during the pregnancy to stay in the habit of tracking food and exercise, so that is good. I wonder how I will be able to work out with a newborn. Seems like the days fly by and I don't really know what I have done! I have about 20 lbs that I want to loose. I too, find myself to be really hungry, and also having some weird blood sugar things. I am especially hungry during the middle of night feeding. What do you eat during your middle of the night feedings? Hope all is well and that you are able to get some sleep. :-)
  • stephie_renae
    stephie_renae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessalyn!
    I'm in a very similar boat. I have a 3 year old and a 7 week old and BF. Am looking for supportive friends that I can encourage along the way as we lose weight! Congratulations on the new baby!
    Steph
  • jessicaziomkowski
    jessicaziomkowski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I am in the same boat, I have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and a month old. I am bfing and trying to lose weight, I'm doing fine but I'm also starving ALL the time! Anyone is free to add me :)
  • MommyToIX
    MommyToIX Posts: 1
    Options
    Same boat here! I have a daughter who just turned 3 in April, and a son who will be one in June....BOTH are still breastfeeding! I only gained 23 lbs with each pregnancy (yes, exactly 23 with each one!) and that weight fell off almost immediately. Problem is, I started out around 165/170 with both pregnancies. I'm around 170 right now and determined to drop 25 lbs.
    I aim to hit around 2000 calories/day, but don't focus as much on the numbers as I do my actual mood and feelings of hunger. If I feel hungry, I eat, but aim for healthy meals and snacks.
    I just started doing the Couch to 5k app as well. I do that 3 x's per week and also do TurboFire. Although, now that it's nice outside, I prefer to be outdoors for exercise.
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for momma friends for motivation!
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, i just joined this group today. Pre-pregnancy I was 151 (about 10 lbs above where i wanted to be). When i went into labor at the hospital i weighed 202. As of today I am 1 month post partum and weigh 167. I am breast feeding/pumping and just can't seem to get hungry enough to eat all the calories i need to eat in order to be where i want to be with milk supply. My LO isn't suffering from it by any means, but i would like to have enough to sort of stockpile for when i need to go back to work in a few weeks.

I just wanted to introduce myself :) My name is Erin and i'm always looking for friends so add me if you would like. i don't bite :)
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 13 month old, we are still nursing. I remember how hungry I was when he was a itty bitty newborn. I tried to stay around 1800ish cals a day. I just added 500 cals on to my calorie goal each day. Good luck! I am only a pound away from my pre-preg weight with him but I have 20-30 more to get to my ULTIMATE goal! :)
  • ThisIsCharity
    ThisIsCharity Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a little on the back end of this, but I have a two year old (as of Tuesday! GAH!) and we're still nursing. Only a couple times a day but I've noticed its made it harder for me to drop weight, until I actually started weaning her from EBF I didn't loose anything which was devastating to me, but some women need that extra padding to make sure their milk is full of all the goodness that baby needs!

Since we started weaning I did drop quite a bit of weigh but I think more of that was limiting what I ate instead of just eating everything! I think you're all doing wonderful and if you feel like adding me as a friend on here I'd love to make some new mommy friends!
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm a BFing mommy to an 11 month old boy. I've been here on MFP since after passing the point where I could safely breastfeed and restrict calories...but I don't think I ever really go below 1500 calories since I add back my breastfeeding calories even now that my son is eating solids. I still have a ways to go and would love to join and support you too!
  • 2012monie
    2012monie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

My baby is now 10 weeks old. I've just started regularly exercising and eating sensibly to try and lose the baby weight. I still have about 28lbs to go. I'm BFing 100%.

Please add me as a friend, we can help support and motivate each other.

Thanks

25706220.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rachaelgarcia
    Options
    I am in the same boat as a lot of you ladies. I used MFP to help me lose the weight after my first daughter and got to my pre pregnancy weight. I just had my second daughter 2 months ago, gained 37lb w/ the pregnancy. I EBF. I have 20 lb to go to get to pre prego weight. I try to eat around 2000 to 2200 calories per day for now and I exercise 4 to 5 days a week which is difficult b/c my baby has colic, and although the crying has been improving her need to be constantly held has not been improving too much! I literally can't put her down for more that 20 to 30 min! Luckily My mom comes to help hold her for a few hours a couple of days a week while my husband is at work so I can get some stuff done every day and my other daughter gets the attention she needs and deserves. I hear that around 3 or 4 months it improves drastically (I hope!) I will send you a friend request, and any other mamas can feel free to add me too
  • Aiiryfairy
    Aiiryfairy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Heya! I'm breastfeeding my 7 month old and losing weight. It's great to see lots of mammas who are on the same journey! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi Im A Reaaaallll Newbie Lol I Have A 7Yo A 2 YO & A Babe Who Will Be A Month Wednesday Already. I'm Trying Real Hard To Lose But Doing Light Exercise. I'm Going To Start Making Healthier Choices Starting Tomorrow And Replacing My SImple Carbs With.Complex Carbs And Snacking On Fruits And Veggies Instead Of Junk. I'm Not Good At Logging Food On Here Its Time Consuming lol
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I just found this group and am so happy to discover that I'm not the only one who GAINED weight post partum while breastfeeding. If another person walks up to me to tell me that the weight will "just fall off" I think I might explode. Literally.

Here's my background: I have a 7 yr old and a 3 month old, and since I aged 7 years between the two pregnancies nothing is really the same. I seem to remember that I slowly, but surely lost the 32lbs I packed on with my first child, whereas I struggle to make the scale move down at all after having gained 40lbs during pregnancy number 2. And I was lighter to begin with this time around...my goal is to at least get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 150lbs. I'm currently weighing 176lbs, and today I decreased my calorie goal from 2,090 to 1,850. Beyond power walks with the stroller I'm doing the 30 day shred about 5x per week, and I will eventually go back to vinyasa yoga, but it's too far from home right now. I'm trying to stay motivated, and will definitely offer support!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello! My baby is 3 months old, I'm EBF and I have lost about 20 lbs but I have 15 lbs to go. My appetite is big since I've been BF and I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones who loses weight while breastfeeding. Not so far. I'm kind of sucking at eating well right now because I just went back to work, and baby is still not sleeping through the night, but I hope to regain some motivation soon.

Please feel free to add me!
  • BlessedMommy3x
    Options
    Hey everyone...I am in the same boat as well and this was the post I was looking for.I have 3 kids...4 yr old, 3 yr old & 6 wk old :-)

I lost 89 lbs last year using MFP (242 lbs to 153 lbs) hit my goal weight and got pregnant again. I gained a bunch of weight from the pregnancy- 67lbs. I am currently 6 wks post pregnancy and I am down 32 lbs, 35 more lbs to hit pre-pregnancy weight and 38 more lbs until I hit my NEW goal weight of 150lbs. I'm exclusively breastfeeding as well...pumping. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • blueeyes25s
    blueeyes25s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just had my first one 9 weeks ago and I am EBF. It's tough, I am just now trying to get back into the swing of things and have been eating when I feel hungry and stop when I'm full. I do plan on getting back on track with tracking my food and exercising. I just have no idea how many calories I should be eating.

I am looking for a bigger support group so I will add you :)
  • amchha
    amchha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my 4th baby almost 4 weeks ago. I started out overweight and gained a ton on this pregnancy ( 60ish). I am breast feeding and pumping, but have struggled with a low supply the entire time, but hopeful I can build it up still. I have a bunch of weight to lose as Ive only lost 21 lbs so far. Looking for a bigger support group so please add me if you would like.
    Hopeful that I can feed my baby and lose weight and get healthy!
    I was in great shape, although overweight, before this pregnancy. I want to feel good again. I have about 100 lbs to lose to get to my ultimate goal
  • farrah_eliza
    Options
    HI! I have a 3 mo old I am EBF, I have another son who is 2. I need to look about 40-45 lbs!!

any other mommas feel free to add me :)
  • jessicaleonminer
    Options
    Hi Everyone~
    I have a 8 month old and started using MFP about 2 months ago. I'm exclusively breastfeeding also. I was overweight when I got pregnant and ended up weighing 133, having gained 35 lbs. Right now I'm down to 178 with the help from the breastfeeding, working out (when I have time and energy) and using MFP. It's hard because I'd like to be down around 165 lbs and I'd like to try and get pregnant in the next few months. I'm afraid that my weight will skyrocket with the second baby. I had gestational diabetes with the first baby and I'm nervous about getting it again. I'm happy to be in this group and get some ideas and support!
  • MermaidMY
    MermaidMY Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi all! I have a 3 year old and a 7 week old. I had a lot of trouble losing weight after my daughter was born , so I am being much more proactive much earlier this time. Everything is a struggle but I am doing ok. Definitely making sure I protect my supply above all else.