The Most Bizarre online dating sites.

Options
MissingMinnesota
MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
It seems that dating sites are getting very particular. Would you try any of these sites?

Gothic Match:
This site is filled with gothy EMO types who'll take you to see The Cure and read you Victorian poetry. While you'll see plenty of eyeliner, lip rings and tattoos on Gothic Match, most members are ordinary people simply looking to connect with someone who appreciates the darker side of life.

Trek Passions:
Embrace your inner nerd on this dating site for not just Star Trek and Star Wars lovers but all sci-fi fans. Find a fella who shares your Battlestar Galactica zeal, speaks Elvish and wants to attend Comic-Con in matching Spock ears. With a 25:1 male to female user ratio, Trek Passions offers you the pick of the geek litter. Who needs a bad boy when you can have a fanboy?

Alikewise:
Date by the book at this spot that pairs partners based on reading preferences. While Alikewise is perfect for serious bookworms looking for a lad who'll debate the last line of Lolita, more casual readers can connect with guys who share their more general interests like cooking or travel. Browsing a man's virtual bookshelf—complete with notes on each entry—can reveal a lot about his intelligence, humor and taste, three factors that could help you write your own happy ending.

Blue State & Red State:
While discussing politics is taboo on a first date, where you stand is bound to influence your relationship down the road. These two dating sites, Blue State for Democrats and Red State for Republicans, match singles based on a three-part assessment that covers economic matters, foreign policy and social issues. You won't be bridging the bipartisan gap, but you may find a lifetime running mate.

Must Love Pets:
If long walks with your Jack Russell or couch time with your cat are an important aspect of your daily life, you'll need a man who understands that your pet is part of the family. Visit Must Love Pets and get your paws dirty: You may just find a pal for Fido, too.

Same Plate:
Most dating sites ask about everything from relationship history and religious beliefs to body type and workout preferences. But Same Plate believes the way to the heart is through the stomach. Enter your favorite cuisines along with any dietary restrictions and the site will set you up with a local who shares your culinary lifestyle. Even if it's not a love connection, at least you'll get some decent pad thai.

Ivy Date:
Founded by two Harvard Business School grads, Ivy Date claims to offer up men who are leaders in fields like medicine, business and law. While you don't have to be an Ivy League alum to use the site, members are screened to make sure they're smart, interesting and driven.

Date My Single Kid:
If you believe that mother knows best, then let her do the matchmaking at Date My Single Kid, a site where parents create profiles and post pictures for their kids. Nervous about letting mom meddle? Consider this: She not only knows you well, but wants you to be happy and is your biggest advocate. Plus, she's going to stick her nose in your love life regardless so you may as well give her the best tools to work with.

Your Cause or Mine:
Build houses while laying the foundation for your relationship or restore fisheries to spark an animal attraction at Your Cause or Mine, a free dating site that matches members based on philanthropic interests. Rallying around a common cause creates a low-pressure environment with far fewer of those anxiety-inducing awkward silences frequently found on first dates.

Meet-An-Inmate:
Women who really like bad boys can start a "pen pal" relationship with this unusual online service. While we don't advocate dating a convicted felon—or any criminal for that matter—we had to share Meet-An-Inmate to prove that there's a dating website out there for absolutely everyone, including jailbirds and the girls who want to love them from beyond the bars

Replies

• Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    hellz no!!

if there were an "exotic latinas for white men" haha

maybe I would...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    hmm I would tottaly join or atleast browse the trek passions one...whats the website agian
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hellz no!!

maybe I would...

:laugh: THIS!
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    LOL this is funny... yeah, I might do the Trek one too. Hahahaa

Well, not now...:blushing:
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    hellz no!!

maybe I would...

hell we should partner up and make one! :smokin:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    BRB signing up for Trek Passions.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Checked it out. No one worthwhile in my area. Backed out slowly. BULLET DODGED.
  • jenbit
    Options

think I may do this when I get home...... I do so love my nerds
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    hellz no!!

maybe I would...

hell we should partner up and make one! :smokin:

I already have my subscription!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

20 hits within a 100 mile radius. Most were too young. I don't mind young but at least 21. I just feel like a creepy old perv if I were to date someone 10+ years younger than me.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for Meet-An-Inmate

kidding
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Some of these are kinda cute sounding, and I might do some kind of niche thing with a general music site or maybe the book one, but it's so limiting! I don't think most people need any additional rule outs.

My current man friend would never have made it through if I were screening people on shared interests. He loves cats and 70s singer songwriters : ( Seriously, barf to me.

While I heart my dogs, nerdish dudes, and have some pretty strong political views- I don't know about seeking out someone who wants to represent themselves in such a one dimensional way. Geek culture is sort of a bigger thing so I could see that having a wider draw, but food snobbery, over-involved parents of adults, and pet lovers seem really restrictive groupings. But- if the Menendez brothers are still single....
  • jenbit
    Options

20 hits within a 100 mile radius. Most were too young. I don't mind young but at least 21. I just feel like a creepy old perv if I were to date someone 10+ years younger than me.

you did better them me ..there were only about 10 guys in a 75 mile radius and most were 23 ..........ohhh well back to nerd hunting on OKC
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thats kind of funny... most of the guys that came up in this area were in their 40s... #OldGeeks?
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Thats kind of funny... most of the guys that came up in this area were in their 40s... #OldGeeks?

I did a pretty narrow search and there were quite a few results but..... 8T
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Okay I had to check Trek Passions.
    232 within 100 miles of my location (all ages)
    123 within 100 miles of my location (30-50 years old)
    42 within 50 miles of my location (30-50)

I guess I live in a geek lovers area.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Your Cause or Mine:
    Build houses while laying the foundation for your relationship or restore fisheries to spark an animal attraction at Your Cause or Mine, a free dating site that matches members based on philanthropic interests. Rallying around a common cause creates a low-pressure environment with far fewer of those anxiety-inducing awkward silences frequently found on first dates.

^^^ this might be a good idea!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I checked out the Trek thing in my area for fun and there were 9 ladies with my specifications.

None Latina though. :D

My quest continues . . .
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The parents choosing dates for your kids scared the *kitten* out of me.