Any new-mum-to-bes?

Options
lailahmed
lailahmed Posts: 38 Member
Hi Every one, I found out on the 4/06/2013 that i am pregnant - with my first baby, I am guessing I must be 5 weeks pregnant. My hubby and I are so excited as we have been trying for almost a year. I am yet to see my doctor/midwife, but was wondering if its ok to carry on exercising? and did any of you make any changes to your diets? and the amount of calories you are consuming? I have been limiting myself to 1200 calories and currently weigh 169 lbs.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Laila.

Replies

• wonderflair
    wonderflair Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you found out that you were pregnant on 4/06, then you are at least 9 weeks pregnant. Probably 11 or so, if you tested when your period was due. ;)

I am 7 weeks pregnant, and I am exercising as much as I can. I do body pump, step, yoga, body combat and occasionally zumba. I am 170, and still trying to stay under my daily calories, but occasionally when I am starving, I'll have a protein bar or something nutritious. If I don't, the nausea hits.

Best of luck! Congrats!!!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    It's ok to keep exercising...just don't do anything more strenuous than you were doing before you were pregnant. Listen to your body, rest when you're tired, drink when you're thirsty, eat when you're hungry, and slow down if you get dizzy/nauseated. If you start spotting, call your doctor. Just remember to keep your body hydrated and fueled. Lots of stretching will help throughout your pregnancy, too! Congrats!
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 10 weeks (almost 11). I found out 3 days before my birthday which was May 3rd. We are excited & I'm glad this group exists b/c I've had a hard time staying active b/c I get sick. I was VERY active b4 getting pregnant & want to stay at least somewhat active so it's not difficult after birth. I walk and do tiny strength exercises recommended by my doctor. I want to go back to swimming b/c I love water & it's very refreshing, but I haven't been able to yet. I wish everyone luck on their pregnancies!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    If you found out that you were pregnant on 4/06, then you are at least 9 weeks pregnant. Probably 11 or so, if you tested when your period was due. ;)

Depends on whether she means April 6 or June 4. I'm guessing she means June 4, considering she said "mums," and most places outside the US do dates like Day/Month/Year.

The recommendations I have heard go along with what everybody else has said. You can keep doing whatever exercises you were doing before, as long as you feel good (no new pain or anything), and you don't push yourself to exhaustion. As for calories, I just went with MFP's recommendation for maintaining my current weight. When I hit the second trimester (next week), I'm going to change it to gain 1/2 pound a week. Concentrate on getting good nutrition from your calories -- you and baby need it!

PS. Prenatal vitamins with iron make lots of women sick, but iron is very important. If you take a prenatal without it, make sure you get plenty of iron in your diet!
  • lailahmed
    lailahmed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one, I really appreciate your comments , Michellee is right I meant the 4th of june.... so must be only 5 weeks according to the due date calculator , and there is nothing really new in me except cramps in my lower abdomen,.

Thanks for all you feedback once again, and good luck with all your pregnancies :)

p.s Congrats to yo all :)