Hi There!

Options
I am looking for some new friends here in the Glendale area (or is it the Phoenix area, namely?). I came across a link that led me to a search box, and I put in "Phoenix." Lo and behold, there be a group here!

I hope this group is active. My name is Josh, I am 26, and I just moved across from GCC from out of state. I am looking to build a friendship base here. My girlfriend is also on here with me, so she might definitely be interested in joining. But I love to cycle (on the road). I do not have a bike at the moment, but I will come summer. My complex has tennis courts so if anyone plays tennis, I might be looking for tennis partners to play on Saturday mornings.

If anyone wants to be friends (and I would prefer friends that can meet up sometimes in real life, being so local haha!) then just shoot one over. I will keep up with the group and may post random topics. Have a nice day!

Josh

Replies

• anthemforagirl
    Options
    Hey Josh.
    I just moved here in October and I am also seeking active friends.
    I played tennis a long time ago but it would be fun to pick up again.

I have yet to take my bike out.. still not familiar with the areas and my residence is a little too congested for someone who doesn't bike often.

If you want to chat more, shoot me a message!
    Lacey
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Welcome to PHX! I have been here 4 years and I love it! I live in Tempe and am an avid hiker. Maybe everyone could meetup sometime!

~ Cheryl
  • Stevenbowtieman
    Stevenbowtieman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I want to get a few friends to hike the local mountain trails on a regular basis. I am in central Phoenix.
    Steven!
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    We should all set a time to meet up and go on a hike.
  • Stevenbowtieman
    Stevenbowtieman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Friday morning is good for me. Anyone else????
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    Hey everyone. Thanks for the responses! I want to get more involved with people. My schedule is a little unstable (and it changes week to week) but I am usually good on weekends...usually. for the bikers, I am an intermediate cyclist, and know how to keep up with cars on city streets. I much more prefer to ride in the streets bc a bike on a sidewalk this day and age becomes invisible. It is much safer to ride with traffic, but there is a pace you have to maintain, of course.

As far as tennis, I plan on getting a racquet soon. The tennis court also doubles as a basketball hoop, so there are options. Lets see if a few more people can respond to this thread, see where it goes! Have a great day!
  • kzcortes1
    kzcortes1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a cyclist - but I'd love to go hiking! If anyone lives near the South Mountain park feel free to add & message me
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Been sick and busy so didn't check this thread until now. :). Welcome! I'm from out of state, but I've lived here for eight years so it hardly matters at this point. I live in North Phoenix. I road bike as well, training for my triathlons..but right now it's pretty much always at night when it's not so hot! Feel free to friend me!