Anyone Need/Want Support Juicing?

Options

Replies

• jamierussell929
    jamierussell929 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on day 49 of my juice fast and I am feeling fantastic. I think sometimes its hard to stick it out the first few days with all the crappy symptoms (pardon the pun). Your going to feel tired, get headaches, spend time in the bathroom, etc because your body is getting rid of all the junk that you have been putting in it. If you can manage to stick through it for a few days it will all pay off. I have lost 44.4 pounds in 49 days and have stoppped all of my Rheumatoid Arthritis meds without a single flare up. If you need any recipes or help with anything please feel free to send me a message. I'm definitely not an expert but always willing to share the things I have learned over the last two months.

jamie
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am on day 49 of my juice fast and I am feeling fantastic. I think sometimes its hard to stick it out the first few days with all the crappy symptoms (pardon the pun). Your going to feel tired, get headaches, spend time in the bathroom, etc because your body is getting rid of all the junk that you have been putting in it. If you can manage to stick through it for a few days it will all pay off. I have lost 44.4 pounds in 49 days and have stoppped all of my Rheumatoid Arthritis meds without a single flare up. If you need any recipes or help with anything please feel free to send me a message. I'm definitely not an expert but always willing to share the things I have learned over the last two months.

jamie

Thanks great jamie...im on day 26 today and have lost 31.6 lbs i agree 100% with you..you feel better as time goes on...and i do feel great!!
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of my juice fast and I would love friends that can support me. Please add. :)

Also, I am having circulation problems and I hope that by juicing I can fix that problem.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new here and am looking for friends to help me.
    I am starting out with just juicing in the morning to help me get ready for a 60 day fast.
    After reading several comments I thought it best to start out juicing in the morning to help me replace my coffee addiction before starting the 60 day.
    I have given up grains, processed foods and sugars already, but I love my caffeine in the morning :drinker:
    I have a lot of weight to lose and would love support along the way.
    Please add
  • meangreenteem
    Options
    I'm going to attempt a 30 day juice fast starting tomorrow (may 21st) so wish me luck! feel free to add me, i'm going to need all the support i can get :)
  • mercurybebe
    mercurybebe Posts: 32
    Options
    So I am on day 2 of my first attempt at a juice fast. Silly me forgot I had a fundraiser dinner last night and I ate solid food after only juice all day.

I started on the mean green and I am sorry but it makes me GAG and I just have to chug and then chug water right after. I have always HATED veggies, except spinach, and so this isn't easy. I was also impressed at how much produce I needed just to get enough for a day.

Questions for you long timers:

1. How long does a vat of juice last once you've made it. For instance, I am drinking the last of a huge vat of Mean Green that I made Sunday night. Does it still even have nutrition (please say yes!) or is it too far gone?

2. Is there a way to know how much a recipe will yield? I think I may need to get a BIG book of recipes somewhere...any recommendations?

3. Any tricks to just get it down without being sick if it REALLY tastes that bad to you? I have just been holding my breath and chugging...but god, the aftertaste. UGH!
  • Golightly17
    Golightly17 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    So I am on day 2 of my first attempt at a juice fast. Silly me forgot I had a fundraiser dinner last night and I ate solid food after only juice all day.

I started on the mean green and I am sorry but it makes me GAG and I just have to chug and then chug water right after. I have always HATED veggies, except spinach, and so this isn't easy. I was also impressed at how much produce I needed just to get enough for a day.

Questions for you long timers:

1. How long does a vat of juice last once you've made it. For instance, I am drinking the last of a huge vat of Mean Green that I made Sunday night. Does it still even have nutrition (please say yes!) or is it too far gone?

2. Is there a way to know how much a recipe will yield? I think I may need to get a BIG book of recipes somewhere...any recommendations?

3. Any tricks to just get it down without being sick if it REALLY tastes that bad to you? I have just been holding my breath and chugging...but god, the aftertaste. UGH!

I'm not a veteran juicer by any means, but I will say that there are some great substitutions out there to make something more palatable for your taste. I have fun playing around with different concoctions. www.juicerecipes.com has a ton of good recipes and they also give you the health benefits of the ingredients as well as the option to build your own juice to find out the nutrition FAQ. The Joe Cross reboot site has some good stuff too.
  • Golightly17
    Options
    I walked away and thought of something to add to my response above. Stevia drops and/or lemon or anything citrus can make a big difference if the juice is blehh.
  • mercurybebe
    Options
    Thank you so much! I never thought of stevia, but that is a great idea...and thank you for that website, I am heading there now to find something I can actually enjoy!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I never thought of stevia, but that is a great idea...and thank you for that website, I am heading there now to find something I can actually enjoy!

My husband and I also found that the thing that was really overpowering our juices in a bad way was celery. Now we just make the juice without celery and then make a small shot of celery juice that we gulp down. If you can identify where the "yuck" response is coming from, get that one out of the way in a small dose and then enjoy the larger glass of juice with the stuff that actually tastes good! Our juices have a lot of apples and pineapple, so just adjusting the mix gave us the flavor we were looking for.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I walked away and thought of something to add to my response above. Stevia drops and/or lemon or anything citrus can make a big difference if the juice is blehh.
    I tried juicing lemons and found they totally overpowered everything, and not in a good way. I tried adding limes instead and now I'm in love with every juice I make. Oh and I also got rid of celery as another poster mentioned too, yuck! It really is as simple as finding out what works and doesn't work for you. Plus, I try to mix up flavors so I'm not drinking the exact same thing every single day.
    Just because it's time consuming to make and then clean the machine, I try to juice every other day, but there have been a handful of times that I kept juice up to 3 days. It looked and tasted fine, but I don't know if I lost a lot of nutrition or not. Still, I figure that was a better choice than another snack I could have had (I don't fast, just incorporate it into my everyday diet).
  • mercurybebe
    Options
    Thank you both for the idea of figuring out what is making me gag and just chugging that on its own....I made a juice that had broccoli in it and quite frankly it smelled like vomit no matter how many apples I added. So that one is going down the drain!

Carrots are REALLY hard for me, I had to add a bunch of apples last night and today I am just drinking it as fast as I can...barf.

I haven't been able to do a fast...I am SO hungry at night. But I drink 24oz of juice during the day and a lot of water while at work...I am really able to be disciplined at work...its at home that I struggle.

But all I had last night was 2 low sodium tortillas with 1tbsp of peanut butter, a small handful of granola and some honey. My absolute favorite snack/meal. I drank a lot of water and went to bed hungry but I am proud of myself. :smile:

Tonight my daughter has a softball game and I know I will have a pretzel unless they are (please!) out of them as I cannot resist. LOL

Oh...I also add "super green" powder to my juice, its concentrated veggies and I have another powder that is concentrated fruits (but isn't very sweet) which I also add, making all my juices look brown...mmmmnn! I find that they help with the taste a little bit and the extra nutrition has to be good right?

I hate not knowing if I am doing things right. Also, does anyone have a Champion juicer? I've had trouble with it constantly getting clogged and it makes juicing take twice as long...I dont know if I am juicing correctly or if this is just how this juicer works???
  • KKdesign82
    KKdesign82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for juicing friends.
    Please feel free to add me.

Starting a 20 day detox tomorrow. Really excited, feeling prepared and ready... just looking for juicing friends to learn from and get tips from.

Katie
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all ~ Planning to start a juicing fast as well starting tomorrow. I've been adding juice for snacks/meal replacement for some time now and did a 14 day fast a year or two ago. I'm not sure how long I want to fast but I would love to go 60 days. Not sure if I have the willpower! Feel free to add me everyone; I'm sure the more support the better!! xo
  • curvycarrie
    Options
    Hi everyone, just an update on my 60 day juice fast...today is day 39 for me and im going strong! As of this morning I have lost 40.4 lbs since i started. I feel fantastic, but to be totally honest I still dont feel that i have the energy to work out like I used to do when I was eating solids. I try and walk about 30 minutes after supper when the weather is good, and when I feel up to it, other then that its just the basic day to days. Feel free to add me for extra support.:smile:
  • KKdesign82
    KKdesign82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of day 3 and struggling really bad!!
    I have a super headache and all I can think about is getting something to eat!
    I ended up getting a glass of 100% pure, pulpless orange juice from the fridge... I didn't juice it myself but I figured if I'm gonna consume something that wasn't juiced myself it would be the best option of sorts.

How do you guys get thru such a long fast? All I can think about is going to the gas station and getting a tray of nachos...
  • Golightly17
    Options
    I'm in the middle of day 3 and struggling really bad!!
    I have a super headache and all I can think about is getting something to eat!
    I ended up getting a glass of 100% pure, pulpless orange juice from the fridge... I didn't juice it myself but I figured if I'm gonna consume something that wasn't juiced myself it would be the best option of sorts.

How do you guys get thru such a long fast? All I can think about is going to the gas station and getting a tray of nachos...

Warm broth that I lightly heated up from juiced veggies and then seasoned really helped me. Also, I drank coconut water- all of that magnesium helps calm the "ahhhhhh I gotta eat!!!"
  • curvycarrie
    Options
    I only had a headache for one day..i think it was the caffeine withdrawals. I find it gets easier the longer you do it. The scale is a great motivator when you see it going down daily! when I have a crazy craving..i just keep telling myself that it will be there when I am done this journey...and if I want it at that time I will have it! Chances are I am not going to want it....you can do this KK keep at it..this feeling will pass!
  • missmindy6
    missmindy6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started eating nothing but solid fruits & veggies on Monday (6/3) and when my juicer got here yesterday (6/5) I started juicing. Weighed myself today & in those 3 days I lost 3 lbs! I am completely new to juicing but dedicated to a 60 day juice fast. I'm an emotional eater so this is very challenging, but with all my health issues the doc says weight must come off NOW so I'm going to make it thru! I have a brother who's been doing it for 6 weeks & lost over 55 lbs so far - seeing it work so quickly for him has me motivated, and seeing 3 lbs in 3 days is keeping me going. Please feel free to add me if you are juicing! I want to know about those just starting out such as myself, as well as those who have eased back into eating solid food & how it's going for you. I'm blogging to deal with the emotions that I normally shove down with food - feel free to read & comment on it. :flowerforyou:
  • curvycarrie
    Options
    Good luck with your juicing Miss Mindy! Today is day 47 for me...and as of this morning ive lost 43.6 lbs. Your right, stepping on the scale daily and seeing it go down is motivation at it's best! That is what kept me going. I have 13 more days to go and then my plans are to follow the Eat Clean way of eating. I plan to break my fast with fruits and vegetables, and just take it slowly. Funny thing is though Ive been craving Salmon!! I'm not a huge salmon fan, but I am so looking foward to having some! lol..the other things im craving are mango's ( i never tried to juice those) and a nice salad! Good luck with your journey! Feel free to add me for extra support. :smile: