VENT

Options
MercenaryNoetic26
MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
I know this group isn't very active. But I think this is the best place to vent about what just happened to me. :explode:

Today I broke my favorite mug. It was a cute, pure white, porcelain Paperchase mug from Borders. It had the cutest little aliens/monsters on it. I was sitting typing on MFP with my mug sitting in front of me and in between my arms on my desk... then a nasty little gnat gets all up in my face and I hand-clapped to kill it... bumping my fave little mug to the floor with all the delicious coffay in it!

A waste of Guatemalan Organic coffee AND a beautiful mug! All at the expense of a stupid gnat! I just wanna sit here and sulk and drown my sorrows in more freshly brewed Guatemalan coffay.

I may have a funeral for my mug. It was cherished. :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :brokenheart: :sad:

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think you should have a funeral. You have my condolences.

Earlier this week, I lost my favorite travel coffee mug. I have a gazillion others, but still felt bereft. Two days later, a coworker found it. I baked her cupcakes.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    I think you should have a funeral. You have my condolences.

Earlier this week, I lost my favorite travel coffee mug. I have a gazillion others, but still felt bereft. Two days later, a coworker found it. I baked her cupcakes.

That is soooo sweet of you! I'd be grateful, too! I contemplated taking the shards out of the (trash) and gluing it back together for a keepsake... (in addition to the funeral thoughts). Now I'm just going to shop for more mugs to fill this void. (SIGHS)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Soooo..... did you find a new mug you like?
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I am inordinately attached to some of my mugs, so I get it.

Hang in there. You'll find your new normal.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My condolences for the loss of your fav mug
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    Soooo..... did you find a new mug you like?

Eeek! Just saw! Nope.. just started using my other mugs more. Sigh. It was my cutest mug.