What are your favourite inspirational quotes ?

Options
The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known
struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known
    struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

LOVE THIS!!!
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seamed with scars. E.H. Chapin, Living Words
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    God may not always come exactly when you call Him…but He is always on time. ~Lemon Brooklyn Street poet
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    "He who sings prays twice" St Agustin?
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    "Joy is a net by which we catch many souls." - Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    The belief in the inner beauty of each and every human being is at the heart of all true education and at the heart of being human... When we reveal to people our belief in them, their hidden beauty rises to the surface where it may be more clearly seen by all. ~Jean Vanier, Becoming Human
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    Don't feel bad if people remember you only when they need you. Feel privileged that you are like a candle that comes to their mind when there is darkness. Author unknown.
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    Some would be sages if they did not believe they were so already. Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread...

"Pray. Hope.and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and hears your prayer" Padre Pio
  • Kawphi1
    Kawphi1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    On a secular level I like "A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

On a Christian level I couldn't begin to name them. One that just came to mind is "For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Cor 5:7

And this one really helps me in the diet world "We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Cor 4:8-9
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    Thank you for sharing everyone - please add more :)

"Human affairs inspire in noble hearts only two feelings: admiration or pity." ~Anatole France

pity: the feeling of sorrow and compassion caused by the surfering and misfortunes of others
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    When you see valid achivements or virtue being attacked, it's by someone viewing them as a mirror of their own inadequacy instead of an inspiring beacon for excellence. ~Vanna Bonta
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    That one is powerful Nancy - thanks for sharing :)

"Knowledge is proud that he has learn'd so much; Wisdom is humble that he knows no more." William Cowper, The Task
  • orapronobis
    Options
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    This reminded me of another quote from Blessed Teresa of Calcutta: "Be the one."
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it foregoes revenge, and dares to forgive an injury. E H Chapin
  • orapronobis
    Options
    Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it foregoes revenge, and dares to forgive an injury. E H Chapin

I'm loving this topic. This one reminds me of:

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free, and then to realize that all along the prisoner was me."
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    "To forgive is to set the prisoner free, and then to realize that all along the prisoner was me."

That is beautiful - it brought tears of pain and joy to my eyes. Thank you :)
  • PrayerMiracle
    Options
    "Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have." - Rabbi H. Schachtel
  • mickeyskinnyjeans
    mickeyskinnyjeans Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Patience is the companion of wisdom.
    --Saint Augustine